Heteractis Magnifica ShowOff!

NaClCrocodile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at the Steinhart aquarium last May and I hate to say it, but I didn't see one of that size. I was there from the time they opened to the time they closed as well, so I think it would have struck me. They do have one that I specifically remember in their tidal zone soaking up the flow. I'll see about uploading a pic.

twiggyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After some complications I finally got it in. I made a little cage for it so it didn't float around the tank all night. It was the size of my palm when I put it in and when I woke up this morning it was filling the whole cage! Looks a little bleached with the lights on so I raised them up for now, without the lights on it looks ok, but I just want to make sure I don't stress it anymore. Here's some pics!

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congrats Twiggy! It doesn't look bad at all. I like the fact that the mouth is real tight and not gaping at all. Now, it's time for Dom to get one!!:xd:

Last edited:

Diamondsinthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks that it wasn't there anymore. It was amazing. Must have lost it. It's been a long time since I donated it. I would love to see some of your pics of their new systems.

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Twiggy! It doesn't look bad at all. I like the fact that the mouth is real tight and not gaping at all. Now, it's time for Dom to get one!!:xd:

haha I wish! There isn't any room for one in my display at all.. When i upgrade from my 120(hopefully in a year or so) I am definitely will design a tank around keeping on of these and sps.

That sucks that it wasn't there anymore. It was amazing. Must have lost it. It's been a long time since I donated it. I would love to see some of your pics of their new systems.

That'd be too bad if they no longer have it..

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After some complications I finally got it in. I made a little cage for it so it didn't float around the tank all night. It was the size of my palm when I put it in and when I woke up this morning it was filling the whole cage! Looks a little bleached with the lights on so I raised them up for now, without the lights on it looks ok, but I just want to make sure I don't stress it anymore. Here's some pics!

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

hows this beauty holding up??

twiggyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's doin. The tentacles had gotten whiter, but they are getting more of a yellow/green tint to them. I've been busy this past week getting things situated with life. I took some pics, but haven't edited yet. I plan on doing that tonight and hopefully posting depending. Overall, I think it's on its way to being happy. I feed it every morning with the fish, tentacles weren't that sticky, but it holds food better and better everyday. A slow process, but worth it in the end if all goes well. There's big talk of an ice/snow storm that's supposed to roll through my neck of the woods late night/early morning. Everyone here is freaking out and buying out stores everywhere for bread and milk, and all the hardware places for generators. Hopefully it'll be ok and no one has to pour a glass of milk while they eat their plate of bread in the dark.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man now I need to find one of these babies!

OP
OP
DBarsotti

DBarsotti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's doin. The tentacles had gotten whiter, but they are getting more of a yellow/green tint to them. I've been busy this past week getting things situated with life. I took some pics, but haven't edited yet. I plan on doing that tonight and hopefully posting depending. Overall, I think it's on its way to being happy. I feed it every morning with the fish, tentacles weren't that sticky, but it holds food better and better everyday. A slow process, but worth it in the end if all goes well. There's big talk of an ice/snow storm that's supposed to roll through my neck of the woods late night/early morning. Everyone here is freaking out and buying out stores everywhere for bread and milk, and all the hardware places for generators. Hopefully it'll be ok and no one has to pour a glass of milk while they eat their plate of bread in the dark.

haha good to hear man! lets see those photos when you get a chance

generators are a life saver

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should have planned on a bigger tank when I upgraded because these things look great and I would love to have one!

twiggyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's some pics

IMG_1744.jpg

IMG_1712.jpg

IMG_1708.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

I fed it a whole squid cube this morning and accidentally touched a tentacle and it was really sticky. When I first got it, it didn't stick at all.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice!! Anyone know where I can find one for sale?

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Twiggyb-Looks OK,Im going to be honest,its a bit bleached out,good luck with it,feed him,and give him light.Make sure you dont over kill him with light though!

Rev-They are actully every where!Try DFS,RHS has them at times,Blue Zoo,etc,they all have them,its just finding them!

twiggyb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it is bleached. It's been coming back though. I'm not forcing any light on it. I put it way up top, it decided to move to the middle. I feed it every day and the mouth is tight. I've never had a bleached nem, so I'm not quite sure how long it'll take to get it's zooanthellae back. Since its move to the middle, it hasn't moved so I'm hoping it is happy. I'll keep all informed as it comes along.

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im wishing you luck!HAHA!

Your is in a very very odd place IMO,they generally leave their foot fully exposed,yours is acting like a BTA,I find that very odd.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 9.4%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 38 27.3%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 67 48.2%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back