HOOPDEEZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Almost every panel comes off for easy access; the front slides on soft close drawer hardware and is easily removed, the left side is removable and the right side top piece is the lid to the 20 gallon refugium.

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
Got a lot done over the weekend, the end is in sight! It's not quite finished in these pictures. still need to attach the last couple of pieces, paint inside, stain the oak, and add a tile piece to lay next to tank (tank is 24" cube stand is 38 inches long)
Looking very nice Jeff!

OP
OP
HOOPDEEZ

HOOPDEEZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tank is even heavier than I remember! Added the refugium in the stand as well. I still need to fasten a couple small pieces to the right side (the only part of the side panels that is not removable) and tile the lid to the fuge.

upload_2016-12-19_18-23-33.png
upload_2016-12-19_18-27-34.png

OP
OP
HOOPDEEZ

HOOPDEEZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've never drilled a tank before, and I need to drill the refugium. I was thinking that the weather could be an issue since it's freezing outside. Anyone knowledgeable about drilling tanks, do I need to do it at a certain temperature?

OP
OP
HOOPDEEZ

HOOPDEEZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Successfully drilled the refugium!

upload_2016-12-24_15-41-54.png

I would recommend drinking a beer first to calm the nerves (Just one!), and if your going to do it in the kitchen, it is best done while the wife is absent! Other than that it is surprisingly easy and straight forward. Was only risking a 20 dollar tank though!

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Almost every panel comes off for easy access; the front slides on soft close drawer hardware and is easily removed, the left side is removable and the right side top piece is the lid to the 20 gallon refugium.
Could you possibly help me find a similar track? Or is it basically just an in draw track? This is exact what I'm looking for and basically need, except my stand is against a wall to the right, so it would need to slide to the left. This is amazing and just what I am talking about.

OP
OP
HOOPDEEZ

HOOPDEEZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you possibly help me find a similar track? Or is it basically just an in draw track? This is exact what I'm looking for and basically need, except my stand is against a wall to the right, so it would need to slide to the left. This is amazing and just what I am talking about.
Yeah it is simply some soft close drawer hardware from Home Depot. The quality is alright, doesn't really close hard on its own, but you could get a better set online I'm guessing. It's a pain to install because it has to be perfectly parallel or it will bind up.

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along. That is a great stand! I love the incorporation of the fuge into the display that way. Awesome work, can't wait to see this come to life!

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it is simply some soft close drawer hardware from Home Depot. The quality is alright, doesn't really close hard on its own, but you could get a better set online I'm guessing. It's a pain to install because it has to be perfectly parallel or it will bind up.
Went to Home Depot and ended up getting this thing and it doesn't work. Apparently no one in Home Depot knows where anything is considering 3 people said the same aisle number and it's not close what I want. Would love if you had a link or some sort of picture of the packaging

IMG_0687.JPG

OP
OP
HOOPDEEZ

HOOPDEEZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liberty 24 in. Soft Close Ball Bearing Full Extension Drawer Slide (1-Pair)
This is what I used, has to be able to mount flush, the roller style can't do it, the ball bearing kind can

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liberty 24 in. Soft Close Ball Bearing Full Extension Drawer Slide (1-Pair)
This is what I used, has to be able to mount flush, the roller style can't do it, the ball bearing kind can
Thanks for this; does your track begin at the other side of the stand itself? Or does it just start in the somewhere in the middle.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 49 29.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.9%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 18 10.7%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back