hours per day?

jiffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
havin ballast problems with my MH keeps shutting on and off, defiitely dont wanna keep flashing my corals.

i was running my 150w MH for 6 hours and then a strip of powerbrite and a panorama 12w led strip for 6 hours.

im probably not goin to be able to replace my ballast for another week or two, how long should i run my LEDs per day?

(tank contains: 2 anemones, 2 frogspawns, 1 torch, 1 clam, alot of zoas, and a few other things i cant think of..)

OP
OP
jiffy

jiffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i guess im just gunna leave on for 12 hours and hope for the best.

wingman1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
12 w total seems like nothing check the fuses on the ballast and try to keep them on as long as u can

OP
OP
jiffy

jiffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
took it apart couldnt see anything wrong, a wire was a lil loose thats about it... spoke to somone at my LFS and we are going to replace the transformer this friday and hopefully that will do the trick. but i didnt want to keep running it because it will only stay on for 30min and turn off and then turn right back on but it takes like another 30min for the light to actually click on and i heard flashing ur corals was bad.. but right now ive had the LEDs on since twelve and everything is opening up nice, nothing looks too bad.

shapermike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the clam might suffer. The rest can survive for a little while but when you get the light working again I would slowly increase the light duration slowly till you get back to your normal light cycle

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 111 43.4%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 122 47.7%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.1%
Back