Status
Not open for further replies.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so frustrated. I have always had a dream of building my own reef tank. After years of dreaming I finally decided to do it. I spent months reading and watching videos. I learned all I could and started making plans. I started making lists of the items I would need and revised it again and again. I finally decided on a 120 gallon DT. I bought an Apex, a protien skimmer, a sump, the supplies and tools to build a custom stand, a couple of reactors, and an overflow box. I wanted to have a display fuge as well and I found a great deal on a small 30 gallon AIO and ordered it. Instead of the tank I received a huge protein skimmer. This was on a Friday. I immediately called customer service and told them what happened. I live in a small town miles an hours away from the nearest LFS. As I explained the situation to the CS agent he said sorry and that he would send out the correct item asap and that UPS would simply pick up the wrong package when they dropped off the correct one. I was happy and they were happy. Late Monday afternoon I had to call them back since I hadn't gotten an email nor had he called me back. They never heard of the problem. They said they were not able to send the correct item until I send back the wrong one. It will cost me money to have UPS pick up a package at my house. Or I have to pay someone to come and take it to the nearest UPS store. Now the great deal I got on the tank is no longer even a good deal. Why do I have to pay money out of my own pocket to fix someone else's mistake? I learned a very valuble and costly lesson. My dream of a reef tank will not happen and now I am stuck with over two grand in reefing items.

Fishtheatre

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they sent the wrong item, it is their responsibility to send the right one. The one you paid for. Also, they need to send you a return label for the item they wrongly sent you. This shouldnt be up for debate. You have the receipt And the bill? You have rights. I imagine others on this site know more about than I do. You can always dispute the charges. Don’t give up on a dream because of someone else’s stupidity and blunder.

OP
OP
Ippyroy

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They sent a return label but I have to pay to get it picked up. The worst part is that is a supposed reputable company. I have zero faith and trust in them now. After this I am too nervous to try and order items online. Keep a lookout for some cheap equipment I will be selling. Going to have to take some huge losses.

Fishtheatre

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They sent a return label but I have to pay to get it picked up. The worst part is that is a supposed reputable company. I have zero faith and trust in them now. After this I am too nervous to try and order items online. Keep a lookout for some cheap equipment I will be selling. Going to have to take some huge losses.

No offense dude, but I think you are giving up too easily. Call them back and give them hell. Reference your previous calls and call them out on their lack of integrity and customer service. Speak to a manager and so on. Things will get done if you will it. Also, call ups or whomever. A lot of times they pickup for free if you have a paid label, otherwise if you’re heading into town anyway any given time soon, perhaps there is a close by dropoff store.

GabeM

King of... something.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This seems... drastic.

I get that you are upset but mistakes and mix ups happen often in life and in business. Your reef tank is no different. You will have to always be adapting to things you cannot control and solving problems in this hobby.

Fishtheatre

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This seems... drastic.

I get that you are upset but mistakes and mix ups happen often in life and in business. Your reef tank is no different. You will have to always be adapting to things you cannot control and solving problems in this hobby.

Yeah. This small roadblock might be pebbles compared to the challenges of a reef tank!

OP
OP
Ippyroy

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I can’t trust the company who else could I trust? I have to use online businesses due to where I live. They messed up twice on the same order.

Last edited:

Fishtheatre

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I can’t trust BRS who else could I trust? I have to use online businesses due to where I live. They messed up twice on the same order.

Don’t ever use Doordash, if my experience is any indication, you’ll never order delivery again! But seriously, it’s not farfetched that they might have messed up on an order twice. Get them to make it right.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.

Here is a very very helpful hint, just breath. Nothing is ruined, no dream is crushed, it’s just delayed, a week Or Two. Yes it’s frustrating but if this upsets you this much,
We will have to teach you how to relax because this is only the beginning. Please know that even with right equipment things in the reef (life), don’t go well. If you can’t handle and control that, yes you could lose your dream tank then. Things happen and is it fair no, but it can be fixed. Setting up a reef tank is stressful and hard. Which is why people come here for help. There is no reason to worry or be upset when there is noting you can do at the moment anyway. Enjoy your holiday, and just breath. Yes it’s hard not to think about it, but it could be a good time to perfect the rock scape, (don’t think it’s wet yet), think of how things will be after it’s wet because that tank won’t move.
happy new year

Fishtheatre

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good thinking, Sarah. Yeah, if you’re too frustrated at the moment, this isn’t an urgent issue technically. So sit back, go do something you enjoy and reset your thoughts. Happy new year. It will work out. You might have to put in a couple more calls, ect, but it’ll work out.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
UPS does not charge for a pre-label shipment but will if you are shipping on your own created label.

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with everyone else here. This hobby can’t be done without patience, so just sit back and relax. You will regret it forever if you give just because of this. BRS is a great company from what I’ve seen, so let’s see if we can’t get this worked out right here.
@Bulk Reef Supply
@randyBRS

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish u well. If this has u totally unable to handle the reef life, then u need to look further. It's truly a hard life for a beginner, and whatever u think it will cost u, double it at minimum. I hope u don't give up, but it is what it is. Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 29.0%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 12.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back