How intense is your RODI profuction/storage setup?

How intense is your RODI syetem?

• I buy it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4923-M.jpg

fills 100 gallon stock tanks

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same experience. Take a look at the US Solid 1/4" electric ball valve, the two wire version with auto return. Energize, it opens. De-energize, and it closes... so, power failure? It's going to fail OFF. They operate a bit slow, but dead reliable. One of mine has been in use for 6 years now, without any issues at all.

Amazon part B06XXPZHVB
Thanks for the suggestion. I would’ve never even considered an electric ball valve.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Living on an island and using a well we had to make sure the SOURCE was good....starts with a mini city system followed by a overkill stage rodi just for complete reassurance incase something gets through the initial system :zany-face: :winking-face-with-tongue:There is a 1/4" tubing running under the house from the main system to the rodi booster pump so I can just turn the knob at the unit in the fish room.

Rodi on the top blue 50g that fills the bottom blue 50g that mixes the salt, there is a connection for 1"tubing that I run to fill all the tanks in the house...it works for rodi and saltwater. The 2 white 100g tubs are for RODI storage.

20220629_123304.jpg

Screenshot_20220222-202626_Gallery.jpg

OP
OP
BraindeadBiologist

BraindeadBiologist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Living on an island and using a well we had to make sure the SOURCE was good....starts with a mini city system followed by a overkill stage rodi just for complete reassurance incase something gets through the initial system :zany-face: :winking-face-with-tongue:There is a 1/4" tubing running under the house from the main system to the rodi booster pump so I can just turn the knob at the unit in the fish room.

Rodi on the top blue 50g that fills the bottom blue 50g that mixes the salt, there is a connection for 1"tubing that I run to fill all the tanks in the house...it works for rodi and saltwater. The 2 white 100g tubs are for RODI storage.

20220629_123304.jpg

Screenshot_20220222-202626_Gallery.jpg
I do not miss well water that's for sure! You still managed to make a mini water treatment plant look clean. Kudos!

Smoke-Town

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump. These are awesome. I like looking at this kind of stuff more than people's reef tanks. Lol. Let's see more!
And feel free to list the filter types and sizes as some of these look a bit different than the standard options

OP
OP
BraindeadBiologist

BraindeadBiologist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump. These are awesome. I like looking at this kind of stuff more than people's reef tanks. Lol. Let's see more!
And feel free to list the filter types and sizes as some of these look a bit different than the standard options
Thanks! I thought it would be interesting to learn more about people's behind the scenes activities! I'm thinking of more cool questions to ask here.

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@n2585722
Not seeing many people in the thread using John Guest elbows in their RODI plumbing. Either tubing everywhere (including me), or it looks like wrapping the tubing into loops and tidying them that way. Was rebuilding my RODI setup, somewhat, and thought about adding a bunch of John Guest elbows to keep the tubing clean and tight to the machine itself.

Is this generally not a good idea or people aren't using them overall? It looks like you've got some on the solenoid part of your system.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@n2585722
Not seeing many people in the thread using John Guest elbows in their RODI plumbing. Either tubing everywhere (including me), or it looks like wrapping the tubing into loops and tidying them that way. Was rebuilding my RODI setup, somewhat, and thought about adding a bunch of John Guest elbows to keep the tubing clean and tight to the machine itself.

Is this generally not a good idea or people aren't using them overall? It looks like you've got some on the solenoid part of your system.
At the flow rate of a RODI unit I don't think a few elbow's are going to be a restriction on flow. I never thought about it at such a low flow rate.

Last edited:

t5Nitro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured as such. Just interesting to not see their use much. Probably not a priority item people have. I'm revamping an old system and might put some of these in to tighten the water lines then.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 52 19.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 192 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.6%
Back