How many times can you use Kalkwasser?

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Go to YouTube and search bulk reef supply. Start watching all their videos. Only about 1000 of them. This will be a good starting point. I'm not making fun, but if you don't know what an ATO is and you're already ordering thousands in corals, you don't necessarily have your priorities in order to successfully keep a reef tank. Friendly advice

Klyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Go to YouTube and search bulk reef supply. Start watching all their videos. Only about 1000 of them. This will be a good starting point. I'm not making fun, but if you don't know what an ATO is and you're already ordering thousands in corals, you don't necessarily have your priorities in order to successfully keep a reef tank. Friendly advice
Haha this is from 2015. Hopefully you've figured it out by now

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you hook your ATO line into a Kalk stirrer like the Avast Marine K1 for its feed line. Or with this kind of device do you need to use a doser?

After all that, this is the new question that brought the thread back up. :)

There's no reason you cannot run an ATO through a kalk reactor. I've not done it that way, rather getting my ATO water from a settled reservoir.

But if the ATO pump is appropriately sized for flow through the reactor, it is fine.

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After all that, this is the new question that brought the thread back up. :)

There's no reason you cannot run an ATO through a kalk reactor. I've not done it that way, rather getting my ATO water from a settled reservoir.

But if the ATO pump is appropriately sized for flow through the reactor, it is fine.
I’m not sure if mine is “appropriately” sized or not, I use a Spectrapure ATO which is basically a dosing pump on a pressure switch. It’s recommended to use a dosing pump to run one. So why not? And I didn’t revive this very old thread! It was @BiggestE22 back in December!

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure if mine is “appropriately” sized or not, I use a Spectrapure ATO which is basically a dosing pump on a pressure switch. It’s recommended to use a dosing pump to run one. So why not? And I didn’t revive this very old thread! It was @BiggestE22 back in December!

The only concern is that some ATO's may deliver to fast. If you are using the Spectrapure G7, that will be fine.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back