How much is Yellow tang in your lfs?

albano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to see package deals .
but what’s going to happen when someone does eventually buy all 3 and put them in to their tank .

there will only be 1 …..
why a lfs would try selling 3 tangs together?
????… I have 14 tangs , 5 of them yellows, most added at different times… most together over 5 years (maybe even longer)…. Better that that,I will be moving soon and I plan to remove 4 or 5 and replace them with some different type Tangs…
who told you that they can’t live/survive together?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
????… I have 14 tangs , 5 of them yellows, most added at different times… most together over 5 years (maybe even longer)…. Better that that,I will be moving soon and I plan to remove 4 or 5 and replace them with some different type Tangs…
A lot of the time tangs that are together kill off the weakest ones. Even in a 14000g tank (I think that was how big it was) someone said about how there is Atleast 5 deaths a year or something like that. @Zionas will probably be able to explain what I’m saying in more detail.

BrokenReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My local LFS just posted on IG that they got in two dozen Medium (3”) captive bred yellow tangs but their website is never updated with any livestock or dry goods inventory so I have no idea how much they are. I was going to stop in their today, I’ll get some prices.

OP
OP
Coralsdaily

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the OP was wearing a tang pilice hat thinking people with 75G trying to house multiple tangs? I have 10 and they are spread out across three tanks in various sizes right now

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very curious as to why that is… also curious are there any reef life in the gulf near AE?
the UAE is on the opposite side of the red sea all the countries that have water territories with the red sea either have the reefs as protected areas , have other problems to worry about or they don't export fish, only sell them locally. the whole hobby itself is still not that popular in the region. the UAE lies on the Arabian gulf and the gulf of Oman. it has reef life (went scuba diving) but nothing crazy moreover the reefs are all protected. there are projects of relocating reefs that are being affected by ports.
I also once went swimming 20 meters (65 feet) away from shore and saw a stunning pair of Arabian angel fish.

OP
OP
Coralsdaily

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of the time tangs that are together kill off the weakest ones. Even in a 14000g tank (I think that was how big it was) someone said about how there is Atleast 5 deaths a year or something like that. @Zionas will probably be able to explain what I’m saying in more detail.
I am not sure if that’s true about tangs killing each other off, I can only imagine those who experienced it must be way overstocking or providing limited resources. I have seen plenty syatems (including my own) housing groups of tangs with lots of rock work hiding spots to never lost a tang due to fighting.

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your location explains just about everything, since UAE is right at the doorstep where purple tangs are caught! But yes I hear your about corals. I do follow a few hobbyists from the AE and hopefully they will grow enough frags that eventually offer them privately to allow more competitive pricing on sticks
can you link me some of their pages? I would really like to see what they have.

OP
OP
Coralsdaily

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My local LFS just posted on IG that they got in two dozen Medium (3”) captive bred yellow tangs but their website is never updated with any livestock or dry goods inventory so I have no idea how much they are. I was going to stop in their today, I’ll get some prices.
Keep us posted!

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
prices are rediculous now with the livestock. I havent bought much in the past year because I just don't want to pay high prices. I really want to get some feather dusters, I had them 10 years ago, but when I see the price for one, I wince and say nope.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is absolutely true

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think the OP was wearing a tang pilice hat thinking people with 75G trying to house multiple tangs? I have 10 and they are spread out across three tanks in various sizes right now
But you are the OP:). unless they deleted their post.

BTW - checked at our LFS (99% tangs out of stock.)

Yellow tang - Hawaii large $500
Gem tang - $799

OP
OP
Coralsdaily

Coralsdaily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But you are the OP:). unless they deleted their post.

BTW - checked at our LFS (99% tangs out of stock.)

Yellow tang - Hawaii large $500
Gem tang - $799
Sorry by OP I meant the guy who commented you cant keep multiple tangs together, cant recall where that was buried.
Yeah who would have imagined yt to be $500 a pop some day?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
109.00 at LFS in Mke

ClownSchool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS is about a 45 minute drive, but totally worth it. I find deals that a truly a great deal. The owner’s an awesome guy.
Walt Disney frag for $80. Pikachu frag for $60. Green Slimers for $40. Dragon Soul torch with two heads for $125. Todd’s torch with three heads for $90.
…super happy I found his store.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 57 27.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back