How often do you dose amino acids?

Robert Binz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose brightwell amino according to the directions almost every day.

How often do y’all dose your aminos?

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of the hammers and frogspawn are nice fat and dark with color. Monti and the few sps sticks have been doing great with color. I say if it works why change it

OP
OP
Robert Binz

Robert Binz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmn, let’s see .... never lol. Better question might be why do you dose amino acids? Do you see some observable benefits?

Ive only been dosing for two weeks and what I’ve noticed is the polyps are plumper and tentacles extended more.

People who’ve been dozing longer said it absolutely increases growth. There’s also great videos about the benefits from Tidal Gardens and BRS

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have switched to aminos, oyster feast, and phyto. By far the best coral growth and color I’ve seen yet. Reef roids and other products work, I just hate the waste and spike in phosphates. It feeds the clam, coral, and pods so why not.

35ppt

Large Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started a similar thing. I added aminos to my AWC barrel.

I’m slightly concerned that bacteria might consume it, before it gets to the tank.
More nutritious bacteria for your coral to eat maybe? lol

I got the idea from the Tidal Gardens video where he mentions that many organisms use aminos and different organisms use the aminos at different times. So it seems best to be dosed constantly.

Geonet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have switched to aminos, oyster feast, and phyto. By far the best coral growth and color I’ve seen yet. Reef roids and other products work, I just hate the waste and spike in phosphates. It feeds the clam, coral, and pods so why not.

Thanks much..gonna hit the LFS tomorrow...still kinda new here..75g has been up 8 weeks as of tomorrow:)

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the new tank! Don’t over do it, I dose/feed half of the recommended daily. The clam goes crazy for phyto and the oyster feast!

Geonet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the new tank! Don’t over do it, I dose/feed half of the recommended daily. The clam goes crazy for phyto and the oyster feast!

Thanks,and totally agree,I remember from my Fresh water days way back...food containers saying feed 3 times a day..just asking for a dirty tank:)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 31 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back