How tight do you make a quick connect elbow/connection in an RODI housing?

bryan3536

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 4 stage RODI system with the "water saver" add-on (so mechanical filter, carbon, DI, and two membrane/membrane housings). I get weeping out of the quick connects for the second housing - the input (really the waste from housing 1) and the waste output. Leaks come from where the threaded male/female point is, not from the connect/flex hose portion, on both sides. I've tried new elbows; I've tried tightening the elbows; I bought a brand new housing after I broke the @#$% elbows from trying to tighten in my existing housing and put brand new elbows in that, and STILL getting weeping from both ends. So annoying. I triple checked the BRS videos and instructions for setting it up, and everything looks right. In the past I've been able to find some kind of sweet spot by resting the housing "just so" but can't find it now.

How tight do you make yours? Wrench involved? Until the threads on elbow are no longer visible? Is there a hack I can try with teflon tape or something?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Teflon tape is always a good way to go- but make sure not to tighn anything too much- that can also cause leaks.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 6.3%
Back