How to get Stand in house

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
We have decided to cut an inch off of the bottom of the stand in order to get it in the house. That would make the stand 35 and the opening around 36.

Does anyone see any issues with this idea?

JUST MAKE SURE, AND VERY SURE THAT THE STAND IS COMPLETELY LEVEL WITHOUT AND THEN WITH THE TANK ON IT. Have shims ready if needed

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I lugged my 450 into the family room, I actually cut a hole in the wall shared between my garage and family room. Though the tank would have just fit through the front door, it would have required that the stair balustrade be disassembled. I figured removing/reinstalling parts of a couple of 2x4 studs and a bit of sheetrock would be less work than taking apart the stairs. It was a non weight bearing wall though.

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I lugged my 450 into the family room, I actually cut a hole in the wall shared between my garage and family room. Though the tank would have just fit through the front door, it would have required that the stair balustrade be disassembled. I figured removing/reinstalling parts of a couple of 2x4 studs and a bit of sheetrock would be less work than taking apart the stairs. It was a non weight bearing wall though.

I have done this with bathroom walls to get large tubs in ..

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.1%
Back