Hydros x10 Details?

2Plus2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im hoping there is a representative of Coralvue in here, or anyone with knowledge of the X10 that can shed a little light on details I cant seem to gather.

I've emailed Coralvue directly but heard nothing, kind of a turn off.

I want to go with a full Hydros system, and I'd like to know what are the dosing volumes, minimum, maximum. The site only gives: Rated pump speed: -100mL/min to 100mL/min

I get this from EcoTech:
Dosing Volume
MIN0.5ul a minute
MAX Continuous200ml per minute
MAX Volumetric300ml per minute

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an X10 myself and I can't tell you exactly what the max is. The max daily dosage is only available if the pump is at the MAX speed and I intentionally have them set slower to make changes more gradual and keep them extra quiet. The MAX speed is 100ml/min so in theory that would be 144,000 ml/day if run constantly. I don't think anyone is going to have a problem with the doser not pumping enough.

You can slow down the dosers in the settings. Mine are set at 5ml/min.

danzig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I know there is a hydros facebook group with tons of activity and users sharing and helping each other and even some reps reply. I would definitely check there if you dont hear back.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im hoping there is a representative of Coralvue in here, or anyone with knowledge of the X10 that can shed a little light on details I cant seem to gather.

I want to go with a full Hydros system, and I'd like to know what are the dosing volumes, minimum, maximum. The site only gives: Rated pump speed: -100mL/min to 100mL/min

I get this from EcoTech:
Dosing Volume
MIN0.5ul a minute
I think the slowest is .1ml a minute up to 100ml a minute. The lowest I have one running is 3ml a minute and the fastest is 75ml a minute. The negative numbers are just for running the pump in reverse. so the range is -100ml to 100ml a minute. They are not for continuous use. They are stepper motor precision dosing pumps that are made by Kamoer.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I get this from EcoTech:
Dosing Volume
MIN0.5ul a minute
I made a short video of a X10 pump running at a flow rate of .1ml a minute. Here is a link .It looks like you can set a flow rate at .1ml increments also up to 100ml a minute.

OP
OP

2Plus2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the slowest is .1ml a minute up to 100ml a minute. The lowest I have one running is 3ml a minute and the fastest is 75ml a minute. The negative numbers are just for running the pump in reverse. so the range is -100ml to 100ml a minute. They are not for continuous use. They are stepper motor precision dosing pumps that are made by Kamoer.
I made a short video of a X10 pump running at a flow rate of .1ml a minute. Here is a link .It looks like you can set a flow rate at .1ml increments also up to 100ml a minute.

I appreciate the video, and your experience with the doser. my next and final question would be how accurate does your dosing remain after lets just say months of dosing, do you have to recalibrate?

.1ml is solid to me, I think ecotech can do .0005ml a min which is insane but it's not useful for me and cost alot more.

Adamc13o3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The X10 is a great setup and the dosing heads are really nice. They’re quiet and very accurate. I have been using it for 2 months now and recently recalibrated just because, everything was spot on. They didn’t need the recalibration. I would go with the system. I am recommending it after using another controller for over 10 years.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the video, and your experience with the doser. my next and final question would be how accurate does your dosing remain after lets just say months of dosing, do you have to recalibrate?

.1ml is solid to me, I think ecotech can do .0005ml a min which is insane but it's not useful for me and cost alot more.
It seems to be accurate enough for my application which is the alkalinity testing and I use 1 pump for dosing All For Reef and another for dosing a KH buffer. You can check the calibration by doing a manual dose catching it in a container and measuring it. I use a scale to measure. If it correct no need to calibrate. There is a calibrate function that will run the pump without correction for 1 minute. Then you measure it and tell the Hydros how much was actually dosed. It will always run the pump without any correction in the calibrate mode so you will need to do a manual dispense of a specific amount to check it,

Last edited:

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 112 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.0%
Back