I finally get to post here

williamjacobs641

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a little info on my new tank. Its a 185 from DSA. The sump is made from a 55g tank.Return pump is a oceanrunner 6500,the lighe is a 8 bulb tek. For added flow, Im using 2 mp40w.The skimmer Im using is a sro pro 3000int skimmer from octopus. My tank is mostly sps" thanks nick", with a few lps. All the sps were grown from 1 inch frags. I really dont post a lot on here, but I get a lot of my info from this site and my local reef club "larc". All of this was in my 120. I always wanted to join the big tank club.
007.jpg

OP
OP
W

williamjacobs641

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks Very Nice, How did you attach the stuff to the back?
I got them from aquamags.com. The only thing is that you have to oeder stronger magnet for outside of the tank. The magnets they give you work great on thinner glass tanks not the thicker glass on big tanks.

OP
OP
W

williamjacobs641

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you liking your DSA tank? I have been eyeing the same one.
I should of gotten the neo 185 insted of the pro. Other than that, I love the tank. This tank is heavy, really heavy. It took me and three other friends to move it. It would have be easier if my stand wasnt 43 inches tall. I have a biuld tread on my local reef site. I'll post pics of the build.

bkoppes

SaraNOSNOWta
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should of gotten the neo 185 insted of the pro. Other than that, I love the tank. This tank is heavy, really heavy. It took me and three other friends to move it. It would have be easier if my stand wasnt 43 inches tall. I have a biuld tread on my local reef site. I'll post pics of the build.

Neo 1 overflow vs Pro 2 Overflows? Is that the only difference?

I was looking at the Pro myself.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back