Chevyyeet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed that’s clear, most would be totally clouded —well done
So update on the tang,
I used tap water with Prime in it because we know that my local tap water has trace amounts of copper in it, enough to harm inverts, therefore it should at least slow the ick down long enough for me to get treatment tomorrow.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is looking really good.

May I suggest you do not put a clown tang back into a 29g tank and find it a new home. He’s small but I think it will become problematic quickly.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

May I suggest you do not put a clown tang back into a 29g tank and find it a new home. He’s small but I think it will become problematic quickly.
I was thinking the same as soon as I saw it .
they grow huge and are very active requiring large systems with tons of swimming space .

beautiful fish ….

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chevy, copper in tap doesn’t work that way. only use methods from Jays fish disease forum. Changing them in any way cannot work.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I read in Jays forum, the stickies, cu treatment is a very exacting process and quite a lengthy one requiring precision testing and dosing regimens

this is why i reef in a fishbowl with only corals :) I would not enjoy prepping fish to any degree. Fun to see what others can arrange in mixed fish systems after careful study of behaviors, feeding requirements, compatibility, disease preps/ eight days reading study from Jays disease forum or Humblefishs site but wow it looks like a big old hassle for sure.

OP
OP
C

Chevyyeet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

He loves the tank and spends all day chowing down on hair algae, I already have a deal with my LFS that he can be brought back anytime when he becomes problematic. So far his temperament is far better than any clown I’ve ever seen.

OP
OP
C

Chevyyeet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I read in Jays forum, the stickies, cu treatment is a very exacting process and quite a lengthy one requiring precision testing and dosing regimens

this is why i reef in a fishbowl with only corals :) I would not enjoy prepping fish to any degree.
I’m going to treat this fish in his hospital tank and hope he gets through. I have been looking extensively and nobody else seems to be sick or have spots. I have a lawnmower blenny who seems to be a little sluggish but I can’t find and Ick on him so he’s just gonna stay in there for now.

OP
OP
C

Chevyyeet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper in tap water is not close to therapeutic required to treat illness
I’m not using it in place of copper, I’m just using it because he wasn’t going to make it through the night either way so it was the best option I had. He seems to be doing better today and I plan on treating him around noon today when I get ick treatment.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
make sure not to use potions from a fish store

use only direct methods and therapeutics from the disease forum

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish disease prep has amazing documentation across sites and going back years searchable online.

any customization of the process leads to population wipeout within eight months on average. Watch for just today alone the # of new help posts in the disease forum

click on the posters avatar, select find all threads

check their initial build, it usually shows how they cycled and added items that weren’t fallowed, such as the live rock I had you buy from petco so we could boost up your corals/ great job it’s working too.

you can see the arc of their system built in those posts, bio security risk items added, most will have a tank at eight months mark when posting for help. Case in point:

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish disease prep has amazing documentation across sites and going back years searchable online.

any customization of the process leads to population wipeout within eight months on average. Watch for just today alone the # of new help posts in the disease forum

click on the posters avatar, select find all threads

check their initial build, it usually shows how they cycled and added items that weren’t fallowed, such as the live rock I had you buy from petco so we could boost up your corals/ great job it’s working too.

you can see the arc of their system built in those posts, bio security risk items added, most will have a tank at eight months mark when posting for help. Case in point:

I do not agree with copy and paste posts to use as “work threads”

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything you do to treat fish in the hospital tank without fallowing your main tank for the long fallow, not the short one, will lead to what he’s about to experience above.

choose the long fallow option from reading as it slows fish purchase rate, causes a designed backup/slowing down before adding new fish and it begins the process of taking no shortcuts whatsoever. 45 days leads to shortcuts in this particular rehab work thread. Do the 90 day one.

The main display is infected, you’ve got to fallow it. Painful I know, it stinks etc.

most will simply not do it…when they get tired of replacing fish they will :)

notice how that aquarist posted a list of parameters to account for his disease…not a factor at all.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going to treat this fish in his hospital tank and hope he gets through. I have been looking extensively and nobody else seems to be sick or have spots. I have a lawnmower blenny who seems to be a little sluggish but I can’t find and Ick on him so he’s just gonna stay in there for now.

When you put the Tang back, it will be exposed to ich again. The other fish can have it without showing any symptoms.

OP
OP
C

Chevyyeet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m afraid the maroon clown has ick now. It’s only a matter of time before they are all wiped out :(

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's take a step back, can you get us pictures of the spots? Are there any other symptoms going on? An itch here and there can be ok unless doing so excessively. So can white spots, could be a number of things. How many spots are you seeing?

Ich can be dealt with, unfortunately this is part of the hobby but there are worse diseases out there. read up do some prep aerate a qt throw in some pvc and hang a filter and raise copper over time to therapeutic levels.watch ammonia levels, maybe get a badge and siphon out uneaten foods 1 hr after feedings.

Can we first verify the diagnosis tho?

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's take a step back, can you get us pictures of the spots? Are there any other symptoms going on? An itch here and there can be ok unless doing so excessively. So can white spots, could be a number of things. How many spots are you seeing?

Ich can be dealt with, unfortunately this is part of the hobby but there are worse diseases out there. read up do some prep aerate a qt throw in some pvc and hang a filter and raise copper over time to therapeutic levels.watch ammonia levels, maybe get a badge and siphon out uneaten foods 1 hr after feedings.

I had ich early on and used polyp labs reef safe medic.
I think it worked for me and required no qt. Can be used in DT

OP
OP
C

Chevyyeet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Well it appears that the tang is doing much better, I have treated him today and over the next 24 hours I’ll update y’all. The tang is still the only one showing white spots, the maroon clown is just acting off. But for now I’m gonna try and use my treatment in my QT. If it works, it says it’s reef safe so I’ll add a single does and hopefully it will root out the icy in the system

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back