I hate my clown tang

Samandar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For now find the biggest mirror you can find and stick it on the tank. The tang will be so obsessed with the "new" look a like that he will leave the others alone.
Hi, very good method. It works very well.

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love mine. he is about 6in and with a naso and yellow tang.probably going to get a bristletooth soon:). But anywyas my clown is awesome he don't really mess with anybody he is just fat which is not a bad thing lol.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed with my clown tang that when it was introduced it was seriously underfed and was mean as h***. It is now super fat, currently in qt due to wifes booboo, and is still being nice to others. The trick from what I have learned from them is they must be well fed, or at least all of the nice ones I have seen. I dont mean eat everything when you feed, but have seen tang aggression go way down when they have something to graze on all day. Granted I have only had tangs for about a year, but my father has had tangs for as long as I can remember. His trick was the same, keep them occupied with grazing. Put nori in a couple of small rocks drop them on opposite ends of the tank and they graze all day on it. I do not do the rocks, but use 4 clips on older small glass cleaners. (super glue ftw lol). I keep nori on them all the time and since doing so have seen no aggression. Even with the clown and an atlantic blue in the same QT, no issues so far. Granted the nori all the time in QT requires some daily water changes, but to keep them happy and fat, so be it lol.

Now as we all know some fish are just b-holes, so this may not apply to all tangs. My dad has had quite a few clowns, all were mean to begin with, fed them via grazing all day and they calmed down.

Matt Carden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed with my clown tang that when it was introduced it was seriously underfed and was mean as h***. It is now super fat, currently in qt due to wifes booboo, and is still being nice to others. The trick from what I have learned from them is they must be well fed, or at least all of the nice ones I have seen. I dont mean eat everything when you feed, but have seen tang aggression go way down when they have something to graze on all day. Granted I have only had tangs for about a year, but my father has had tangs for as long as I can remember. His trick was the same, keep them occupied with grazing. Put nori in a couple of small rocks drop them on opposite ends of the tank and they graze all day on it. I do not do the rocks, but use 4 clips on older small glass cleaners. (super glue ftw lol). I keep nori on them all the time and since doing so have seen no aggression. Even with the clown and an atlantic blue in the same QT, no issues so far. Granted the nori all the time in QT requires some daily water changes, but to keep them happy and fat, so be it lol.

Now as we all know some fish are just b-holes, so this may not apply to all tangs. My dad has had quite a few clowns, all were mean to begin with, fed them via grazing all day and they calmed down.
What is Nori?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 107 76.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back