OP
Salty Dog

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always feed with a net, so you guessed it the clown was soclose I scoped that ******* out and sold him to my LFS. I took my Sohal from downstairs and added him into my display, Now my Tomni tang is bulling him , what the heck.......:cry:

Xler8n

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sohals are SUPER MEAN.. A friend of mine used to work at an aquarium in Australia. As a gag to the new guy they told him to clean the Sohal enclosure. He put on his wet suit and tank. Soon as he got in he told me it was like piranahs were attacking him. All these Sohals were trying to tail slap him.

Madreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sohals are SUPER MEAN.. A friend of mine used to work at an aquarium in Australia. As a gag to the new guy they told him to clean the Sohal enclosure. He put on his wet suit and tank. Soon as he got in he told me it was like piranahs were attacking him. All these Sohals were trying to tail slap him.

That would be one great video!

xcorallusx

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mines doesnt care if I am in the tank but as soon as I move the algae scrapper he goes crazy and tail slaps it and swims around it in circles. One time he must have hit it hard and the spike was stuck out for a few days, I didnt know if he broke it but it eventually went back.

barbianj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's crazy. I took my eight inch Clown Tang out of the tank just recently because he was being a jerk, harassing all of the fish non-stop. when the Blueline Trigger had a small gash on his side, that was the last straw. This is a fat FOWLR tang that is used to triggers and angels. I didn't think it was right to sell him to a reefer, so in with the big Queen Trigger he went. Surprisingly, the Queen hasn't bothered the tang at all, and the tang could never consider going after the Queen, so everybody is happy. Go figure.

OP
OP
Salty Dog

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its crazy how one fish can wreck the whole tank, in terms of a peacfull tank. I couldnt even look at my tank prior becuase the two yellow tangs were all torn up, the purple tang rearly came out of a cave and the Sohal would have died no question. Never again .

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must have missed that. you have two yellows and a purple in there too? wow. look for them to get ugly next if they get over 5" each.

OP
OP
Salty Dog

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been housing yellows for a while, I had 4-yellows and the purple, the faught for a day or two now they keep to them selves, I took the other two yellows out so now there is 2-yellow, 1-purple,1-tomni. I really like tangs and love the bright yellow tangs. They add a lot of color to your tank

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must have missed that. you have two yellows and a purple in there too? wow. look for them to get ugly next if they get over 5" each.

I have two yellows in my tank one is over 6" and the other is going on 5" and they go everywhere with each other they'll graze off of rocks millimeters away from each other they both started out very small together though that is the trick I've found with tangs!

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reading the above, i'm glad that somehow i have been able to resist my urges to add one of these beauties to my display.

This sounds crazy and probably is....but a friend of mine told me that if two fish are fighting, one can put them both in a bucket of tank water and swirl them like crazy. I'm told this will stop them from fighting the theory being that having been through such a traumatic experience together causes them to buddy up?
what?

Last edited:

550jim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how is it tangs know what they look like to know the mirror looks like them. Are there mirrors in the ocean that they grew up looking at them selves?

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how is it tangs know what they look like to know the mirror looks like them. Are there mirrors in the ocean that they grew up looking at them selves?

Same question might be posed regarding how does a Wrasse or a Mandarin recognize which fish to spawn with, evolution. Why do certain fish become aggressive towards another fish in the system that has a similar body type/pattern/color. Survival of the fittest, if a fish can't recognize a possible competitor for food, reproduction, territory... the chances of passing on genetic material would greatly diminish.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back