OP
Malifry97

Malifry97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: I believe that it is velvet and not brook. This is because none of my fish died yet. I have been treating with NOX-ICH to treat for velvet and ich. The only fish that isn't better is the B&W Clown and the Orange Clownfish. I know its not Brook because all the fish would be dead. Any Thoughts on the update? Why aren't they getting better? I'll post pics soon.

eric.tech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point, i would keep treating them as needed, keep feeding them high quality food/suppliments, keep the water quality up, and above all, patience. Also one other question about your QT, are you running any carbon?

Dan Watson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody mention Rally Kick-Ich yet? if you use it immeadiately starting the day you spot ich, you might have better luck than I did.

RtomKinMad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed the heck out of your fish (A.K.A Ich management). I somehow introduced ich into my 165 gallon tank a couple of years ago, after I had ~ 15 fish and many corals. I have no problem with others who would insist on removing the fish, putting them into quarantine, and running the tank fallow for the lengthly required time (somehow mananaging to maintain nutrients to offset the lack of fish poop that feed the corals... ), but I went the other way and just fed my fish well. My Hippo Tang had it the worst, but never slowed down or lost its appetite and signs of ich went away. My Fox Face had 1 spot, as did my Neon Dottyback. Other fish never displayed any signs. Since then I have introduced a Flame Angel, Blennies, a Mandarin, and most recently a Purple Tang (likely others that I am forgetting). I saw 1 spot on the Purple Tang that went away in 2 days and its been clean since. Never lost a single fish. Again, I'm not saying that I am handling it the perfect way to others who disagree with Ich management, but I have a tank of beautiful happy and healthy fish, and corals. I have not lost a single fish to Ich or any other sickness in 3 years.
Have you added any new fish since then? I also did ick management for my reef has been up for 2.5 years and no signs of ick in 2 yrs. I ran UV 24/7 for 1.5 years until it burndt out. Now use nothing. But I also have not added any new fish. Worried about reoccurrence if we added new fish or a new stressor to the tank. Have added lots of coral though. Thank you I was just wondering.

OP
OP
Malifry97

Malifry97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soooo...... I lost all my fish except for 1 PJ cardinal and the black and white clownfish (I know weird he was the first and worst with disease and lived.) I believe the B&W Clownfish has some sort of bacterial infection. I believe this because he has some red patches on his skin. I'll get a pic in an hour or two. How do i treat for a bacterial infection that was caused by the velvet.

Back