I need ideas for green fish?

nim6us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a green fish to add to my 4x2x2 needs to not eat corals, the brighter green the better! Any ideas?

NaturalGothic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green reef chromis comes to mind. They’re a little bigger than regular green chromis and have more elongated fins. They’re peaceful, 100% reef safe and a pretty mint green.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Clown goby
undulated trigger
green spot mandarin
green banded goby
green wrasse
green scat

Woodchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Melanurus Wrasse or Claudia’s Wrasse or Red Lined Wrasse would probably be your best bet for a green fish in a 4 x 2 x 2.
Hi I know this is off topic but can you tell me a little bit about the red lined wrasse? I am new to this hobby and am interested in it. I fear I may not be able to get it because I only have a 30 gallon tank do you think I could have one in that tank? Thank you.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Red Lined Wrasse is a smaller Halichoeres species that gets to maybe about 4.5-5”, it’s closely related to the Yellow Coris, Melanurus etc. Needs a sand bed as it dives into the sand to sleep. A 30 gallon is too small for it. I agree, your only option would be the Green Clown Goby.

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown Gobies nip at SPS / corals. Green Chromis aren't always a good long term suggestion as they tend to dwindle in numbers over time. Not to mention come in with disease.

One of my favs is a Australian Scott's fairy wrasse. Can be a little aggressive compared to other fairy's. Melanurus are nice, usually well behaved. A green coris/canary would be relatively safe.

kingjoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a green fish to add to my 4x2x2 needs to not eat corals, the brighter green the better! Any ideas?
For some reason, when you said green fish, I thought you meant fish that were somehow eco-friendly... How about a zebra dartfish (Ptereleotris zebra)? I had several many years ago, and though they are on the small side and can appear a bit pale at first, the ones I had developed a very nice shade of green in a relatively short time and grew to around four inches. They spend a considerable amount of time in open water, and do well in groups, so a school of seven or so could be a great addition to your reef.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 32 17.6%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 122 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.3%
Back