I need your help...

jden092901

Joshua
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just upgreaded my tank...we finished our basement and put a 120 in the wall with a 40 gall breeder sump. Its SOOO nice. I have my own "fish" room behind the tank. Its cycling now, about 2 weeks into it. I have 200 lbs of fiji rock/branch and 160 lbs of sand. I built the rock work with PVC so its all suspended with lots of caves and arches (I'll post some pics). Anyhow, I want to have a blue hippo, my wife MUST have a powder brown, and I want a red sea sailfin or a achilles tang. Which would be better, the red sea sailfin or achilles tang? I know the achilles can be very hard to keep...are they aggressive buggers? I need your help!!!

Thank you everyone,

Joshua

EliteReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would keep the sailfin if it was me. as for the tanks you canhave both but it will be up the fish. the general rule says no because they are to much alike and will fight but every fish is different. depending on size and when you add them you should be just fine.

PS: the achilles tang is not that bad. once you get them acclimated they do rather well. all those tangs get huge. i would not put all three big tangs like that in something as small as a 120

EliteReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what would be good for my tank? I want 3...I thought the blue hippo, powder brown and achilles tang would be good.
..the opinions on this will differ grealty from person to person but if you ask me i would only put two tangs in a tank that size. and only is it is the 6foot verison. if its the 4 foot i would not put a tank it at all

Mockery

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were you I would do the sailfin and the regal. Powder browns gets crazy ich and the Achilles needs crazy turnover something like 12,000 gph. I have kept a sailfin and regal in a 40. Would not recomend that in the long run, and before anyone asks or the tang police come they were crazy small and after 3 days the aggression was gone.

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I would try a hippo, yellow and Tomini

Naso are prone to ick, also the hippo. Use amino acids with there food to keep healthy

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 98 41.5%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 116 49.2%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.4%
Back