I think this hobby is making me stupid.

FishFilet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The current state of information out there on the internet is making me question everything I knew to be correct fifteen years ago. While some things have changed like LED lighting, basic chemistry shouldn’t have. What’s your take on this?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The current state of information out there on the internet is making me question everything I knew to be correct fifteen years ago. While some things have changed like LED lighting, basic chemistry shouldn’t have. What’s your take on this?
That basic chemistry hasn't changed- and that if you were successful 15 years ago you will likely still be successful doing it in the same way as you used to ;)

Technology has changed. Biology and chemistry has not!

OP
OP
FishFilet

FishFilet

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dancing With The Stars GIF

Science. It’s factual. Lol.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That basic chemistry hasn't changed- and that if you were successful 15 years ago you will likely still be successful doing it in the same way as you used to ;)

Technology has changed. Biology and chemistry has not!

Dancing With The Stars GIF

Science. It’s factual. Lol.
This.

I ran a successful softie/LPS reef...even had a rescue porites frag 23 years ago. MH+ PC lighting, skimmer, routine WC, routine testing for baseline info, kalk dosing, alk addition occasionally, LIVE rock cured in tank, caulerpa in a fuge. RO/DI. I do pretty much the same now, but my tank is probably more crowded with coral than my old tank.

I know if I don't keep up with basic husbandry, like lax on WC's, blast my rock periodically, pumps not cleaned or not change the DI in time, I can have issues. Most coral loss I can trace to an event, like a weird salinity or alk swing....mostly operator error stuff. I don't panic, just accept that some things may not like my tank and algae will come and go based on how I treat my system.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 50 30.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%

Back