!!! I TRIED TO TELL YOU HOW COOL THIS THING WAS MONTHS AGO!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
No kidding! I was so excited about this one, I made up a teaser thread boasting about its potential and how it may be the sweetest stag I have ever seen sometime earlier this year! The fanfare was short-lived and the Bubblebath remained perfectly obscure while it continued to flourish here un fragged and un-abused.

Well, even with a hint of future regret, I can't keep this one under wraps any longer. I finally got him back in the photo tank for a few more close ups today!

Looking as good as ever, The Bubblebath Unicorn has become without a doubt, one of the premier pieces in my entire collection. Captive about a year now, the Bubble represents everything I like about sps. With it's unique and deeply contrasting colors this guy just wins. I mean, I see green, red, orange, purple, yellow and even some tints of blue! Good stuff and clearly not a fresh colony just off the boat yesterday;). These colors have came out and been sustained under captive conditions. I honestly don't know if it gets much better than this for a stag! And for those of you that love the blues.... it's a whole other monster with some RB or actinics in the mix. Believe me when I say, what you see here is as plain as it can look.

IMG_3566_zpsi02bm6t6.jpg

IMG_3571_zpsxfhytq8l.jpg

IMG_3572_zpsq4n1v5ci.jpg

swk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While that is a beautiful coral, it's growth has taken on a....ummm...familiar form? Or is my mind just that of a 13 year old dude?

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yes!!!!!!!!!!! I agree this could end up being one of (or THE) nicest stags ever. I've seen it in person, those colors are legit with no photoshop or LED+flashlight+orange filter trickery.

Incredible :)

kacrocorals581

Gotta have that acro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is nice, is this one of those that you rub in our face but never sell? or have to be a millionaire to buy lol really cool stick :)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
that is nice, is this one of those that you rub in our face but never sell? or have to be a millionaire to buy lol really cool stick :)

Ha!! not even close. I peppered a few packs with teasers of this thing when I posted the original thread, and I still have them!!! Fully encrusted over the plug now lol. Nobody wanted them then lol:( Like i said, I tried to tell you guys how cool this thing was.

Listen to Tim! He knows, he's seen it here and I'm pretty sure he's still got one:p:p:p

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's why this hobby is so amazing.............. what once was a green frog turned into a princess over time, just stop kissing your corals or not :p

jared graves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha!! not even close. I peppered a few packs with teasers of this thing when I posted the original thread, and I still have them!!! Fully encrusted over the plug now lol. Nobody wanted them then lol:( Like i said, I tried to tell you guys how cool this thing was.

Listen to Tim! He knows, he's seen it here and I'm pretty sure he's still got one:p:p:p
so does that mean they are still for sale?

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lovin it! Growing it under HD T12 or am I not suppose to share that secret?

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Lovin it! Growing it under HD T12 or am I not suppose to share that secret?

Good question! No secrets here. I've got this one spread out in every system under every type of light;) The one pictured in this thread has been under t5 since I mounted it. The colors on the one under LED are even better, but the structure did not lend itself well to a good pic so I shot this one. Halide looks great as well. Cant really go wrong with any choice if you ask me. It's just a good looking acro and has adapted well to captivity.

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im setting up two new very small grow out tanks. I may have to try the same LED you have going. Do you feel the LED light you have would substitute a 400W Metal Halide? I know its a wild guess but just getting your opinion. I was just messing with you, HD meaning Home Depot T12 shop light.

TankRazr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The children at the orphanage are just going to be devastated when I tell them the coral they were saving for is no longer $35.

@Reef Pets , I clicked on your "ebay auctions" at the bottom of your post and it looks like you already sell Unicorn Bubblebath.

Very much looking forward to seeing how this piece develops.

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just throw one in my pack, I'll do some field research for you, really see if this thing is as nice as you say. Also will test how well they hold color in other systems. Research is free:D

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While that is a beautiful coral, it's growth has taken on a....ummm...familiar form? Or is my mind just that of a 13 year old dude?
Sad, I hate to say it, but had to scroll up to see what you meant. HaHa!

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad I have a direct red line with Adam.
Now the question is if I should place it under a combo of LED, T5, MH400w and as Gary recommended the HD T12 on top of that.

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad I have a direct red line with Adam.
Now the question is if I should place it under a combo of LED, T5, MH400w and as Gary recommended the HD T12 on top of that.
HD T12 and booom! Instant growth.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back