I want to purchase Acrlic sheets for a new aquarium build

BWA_84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Guys,

I live in northern Virginia and wanted to know if anyone knew where the best place to buy acrylic sheets from. It dosent matter if it is online or in my surrounding area.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump for some help!

smadascott

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that you can buy sheets of acrylic from Ace hardware for a decent price. Also check Ebay, I have bought black acrylic off there a few times. Even with shipping It cost less then a lot of other websites. I have a few good plastic distributors bookmarked as well if you are looking for custom shapes

OP
OP
B

BWA_84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that you can buy sheets of acrylic from Ace hardware for a decent price. Also check Ebay, I have bought black acrylic off there a few times. Even with shipping It cost less then a lot of other websites. I have a few good plastic distributors bookmarked as well if you are looking for custom shapes

Those would be very helpful because i do need custom sizes.

YankeePate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BWA,

Please remember you have to have CAST acrylic of a tank build. You can not use cheap extruded material for a pressure vessel. Depending on the source cast acrylic is 3 to 4 times more expensive than extruded.

OP
OP
B

BWA_84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BWA,

Please remember you have to have CAST acrylic of a tank build. You can not use cheap extruded material for a pressure vessel. Depending on the source cast acrylic is 3 to 4 times more expensive than extruded.

Thanks for the tip YankeePate. I have a question for you, do you think I can get by with 1/2 inch thickness with these dimensions : 66x26x20 (LxWxH)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 22 16.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 91 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back