I want too see your nano tanks!

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me personally in my 65 gallons I cannot keep SOME inverts because my marble wrasse is a bully. I started that tank when I was 10 (14 now) and always wanted inverts but today I cant have cool inverts so I think this tank will be a good opportunity. I would like to do a starry goby as I think they look very cool if it will work. If I could I would do flaming prawn and a starry goby if I can't do a starry goby than I will do a tail spot blenny and a Pike face with a arrow crab, and some pederson shrimp possibly a coral banded? (if it will fit) with some acros and a couple of softies with a Rose BTA. Basically I'm thinking two fish and 2-3 inverts (not including CUC) CUC would be astrea snails and 2 hermit crabs. Not sure if this plan would overstock or not..
You could also do a purple coral banded pair. Here is a few pics of my pederon which one now is carrying eggs I believe.

Pederson are also type of cleaner shrimp but also anemone shrimp. Seems lile they will allow most coral to host them. Lots of info online on them.
1000003088.jpg

1000002877.jpg
1000002848.jpg
1000002882.jpg

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know where I can actually get a flaming prawn goby they are very hard to find I am pretty sure.
There are some I believe tank raised now but dont quote me. I can talk with my LFS today and see where they get them when available. I believe live aquaria sometimes has. You can also lookup them up and find a trusted seller who has them. Do reviews on comapnies or even see if reef2reef partner.

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beautiful Is the rock scape a brand of some sort because that's the type of scape I'm going for a rock but plenty of open sand.
Nope just something I came up with the center sand portion is going to be my rock flower garden. Only have 3 so far I’m picky on the colors I want. I wish I would have got more rock to stack just a bit higher. And I still may cure some in a bucket then add it once it’s done.

OP
OP
cdemoss01

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my stocking decisions are going to be a starry goby and a flaming prawn goby with some pederson shrimp and some astrea snails. Maybe a nudibranch? I might possibly do a sand sifting star or a arrow crab I have really wanted a arrow crab for a VERY long time I was told it might not be a good idea though.

Last edited:

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my stocking decisions are going to be a starry goby and a flaming prawn goby with some pederson shrimp and some astrea snails. Maybe a nudibranch? I might possibly do a sand sifting star or a arrow crab I have really wanted a arrow crab for a VERY long time I was told it might not be a good idea though.
Arrow crabs can predate on smaller critters and will get big. This means the the crab will eventually out grow the 10 gallon and potentially eat tthe small shrimp and fish. I talked with my LFS today. His contact that he used to get them from is out of business. He may still be able to get but doesnt ship fiah. Only corals.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They WILL eat your fish. Even decorators will.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 28.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.0%
Back