Ich help!

vamaro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chemicals don't work when people wait until the fish is covered in ick and has one fin in the grave. If you treat the fish right away it will be fine. Do a search for "marine Ick myths and facts". There is some good info there.

Last edited:

Rikerbear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used garlic extract and vit-c recently and had great success with my royal gramma.

OP
OP
ajensen23

ajensen23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it will recover,It went to both my Hippos eye,I just think its the ich and theres nothing he can do about it,I was thinking cleaner fish dont touch the eye, But i cant say for sure it will,give it time it will clear...I know its frustrating sitting and waiting and doing nothing but that's all you can do..

His eye looked a lot better this morning. It's almost all cleared up. No idea how, but hopefully it stays away. Thanks for everyone's help!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Reef2Reef Aquarium Forum mobile app

knightnsd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know some will not like this idea, especailly in a reef, but I have koi and turtles use an antibiotic gel that is supposed to be a floating food they will eat. I have mixed small amounts of it in my marine fish pellets with garlic and medicated dry pellets when my 100 reef tank went through a rose bulb versus korelia mess a couple of years ago when most every fish was sick. Every fish made it short of the rose bulb but I would be careful on the amount of the antibiotic, I saw vitamin C above and may add that to my tools as well, thank you Rikerbear for that vit c tip

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back