Ich in reef tank

Onlymixlife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ich in my 55 gallon saltwater tank. What is the best way to get rid of ich without hurting my anemone or future corals I get ? Right now I been using NEOplex , Focus, and METROplex by seachem to put n their food to try and builded their immune system. I am on my 9th day of using it and only one fish has had it where u can see it. Now today I notice two more fish are showing and I feel like it just not getting the job done. What is sum medication or something I can to get rid or atleast have it not showing on my fish without harm my anemone or keep me for not being able to have any coral?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have ich in my 55 gallon saltwater tank. What is the best way to get rid of ich without hurting my anemone or future corals I get ? Right now I been using NEOplex , Focus, and METROplex by seachem to put n their food to try and builded their immune system. I am on my 9th day of using it and only one fish has had it where u can see it. Now today I notice two more fish are showing and I feel like it just not getting the job done. What is sum medication or something I can to get rid or atleast have it not showing on my fish without harm my anemone or keep me for not being able to have any coral?
Neoplex will do nothing and metroplex has to be used precisely. Neither will be a fix.
Best and effective recourse is to take all the fish out for treatment.
You will need to place fish in Quarantine tank and treat with Coppersafe or Copper Power at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
The display tank will have to be kept fishless (FALLOW) for 6-8 weeks to assure the existing parasites go through their life cycle without a host fish and die off
A quarantine tank can be as simple as a starter kit from Walmart which most of the needed essentials.

OP
OP
O

Onlymixlife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neoplex will do nothing and metroplex has to be used precisely. Neither will be a fix.
Best and effective recourse is to take all the fish out for treatment.
You will need to place fish in Quarantine tank and treat with Coppersafe or Copper Power at therapeutic level 2.25-2.5 For a FULL 30 days (do not interrupt this 30 day period) monitored by a reliable Copper Test kit such as Hanna Brand- No API brand. Also monitor Ammonia levels while in quarantine with a reliable test kit and add aeration during treatment using an air stone.
The display tank will have to be kept fishless (FALLOW) for 6-8 weeks to assure the existing parasites go through their life cycle without a host fish and die off
A quarantine tank can be as simple as a starter kit from Walmart which most of the needed essential
Could I leave my eel in my display tank and will it still work I know eels have no scales to have ich and I don’t think he would fit in like a 20 gallon

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Could I leave my eel in my display tank and will it still work I know eels have no scales to have ich and I don’t think he would fit in like a 20 gallon
Eels are resistant to ich and should be fine. Should ich show up on eel- treat with General cure- No Copper

OP
OP
O

Onlymixlife

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eels are resistant to ich and should be fine. Should ich show up on eel- treat with General cure- No Copper
Gotcha and so leave eel in display tank with the fish in a QT medicate for 30 days then after 6 to 8 week drop them back in ? Could I buy a uv sterilizer add to my display ta n and have that runing while they in qt tank and add them after medication is complete or still would be to soon?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 61 33.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back