ID Help on Zoa

fashionphile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey found this tiny guy on a large snail shell at LFS for $2 !! 2 Polyps. Can anyone help ID it? Ive searched everywhere and cant find one like it.
tips are green then 2 different purples, then neon orange (like a nuclear orange) then mouth is a lemon lime. It is very small.

Attachments

• zooanthid3.JPG
    zooanthid3.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 171
  • zooanthid1a.JPG
    zooanthid1a.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 130
OP
OP
F

fashionphile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you for welcoming me! I cant wait either!! Ive searched everywhere and cant find this one..
the colors are much brighter then my photo, since its so small the camera just did a bad job.
wish me luck...

OP
OP
F

fashionphile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, here are 2 more pics. maybe they are better then the last ones. Anyone seen this one before or can help ID ??? Would be greatly appreciated
thank you

ps? how do i post the image to this message? i can only get the small one you need to click to enlarge??

Attachments

• zooanthid4.JPG
    zooanthid4.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 102
  • zooanthid5.JPG
    zooanthid5.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 104

paintballer768

Master of Puppets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would need to upload the full size photo to photobucket or some type of image hosting website, and copy the IMG code into the text box. The code begins with [ IMG ] and ends with [ /IMG ], with the spaces in the brackets removed.

flricordia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hippies maybe or a morph of Kiwi Krush? But only according to ZoaID (Coralpedia).
On a side note and this with no personal experiance, but I have noted from some other readings that sometimes zoanthids do not do extremely well attatched to shells. Doesn't seem that it would matter as far as I can tell (except that maybe the shell's surface might be difficult to attatch too and spread), but I have none nor have had any attatched to shells so have no experiance in the matter. Just relating what I have read.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.5%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.0%
Back