Id please

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got this in a trade from a friend of mine.....he said he picked it up from macna...im really stoked i got like 7-8 polyps..he just told me hey i have a zoa that is orange and i picked it up from macna and i think u should have one of these...:xd:i said ok send me a pic as he live an hour away...anyways he sent me a teeny weenie picture,,,though it look bright red...so we just met up somewhere...i went home put in tank and the open up....here they are...
i have an idea what they are but i wanna make sure first if its the one i am thinking....

id please?the bright red one
DSC02883.jpg

thanks

badger126

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look like VDMs or KO Nightmares. Compare Drainbamage's collection thread for the KO nightmares. I haven't seen either of those polyps in person so I'm no expert tho

OP
OP
L

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have been dying and wanting vdm's for oh sooooo long time....been wishing to have 1 polyp....they look exactly as the ones in the zoa id...:)but i wanna make sure first if they are vdm's..thanks badger126:)

badger126

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NP I'll have to get some from you :) If they are more orange they are most likely the KOs from what I understand. Bn251 also has some that are called screamers that look similar too. I'll see if I can find his pic in my pm box.

badger126

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked back and the screamers don't have that black ring in the middle. You got VDMs I believe. SAVE ME SOME POLYPS!

OP
OP
L

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes they are more orange than red...they just look red in the pic as its only actinics on...ill take a pic when all lights on(leds and t5's)....when i saw it open in my tank and saw the heartshape in the face,my heartbeat went so fast with excitement....yeah im a zoa addict...:Dlol,sure thing ill save a frag for u..i wanna grow this first and see how well they do in my tank..:)

Supreme Reefs

Zoa Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like VDMs to me :) great pick up!!

Heres mine to compare before it just withered away for no reason...

Frame__MG_0991.jpg

xraided199

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah the beautiful infamous VDMs...so so sicc...great pickup. and by the way i know the EXACT feeling of waitin for a zoa to open and startin to realize what they are or may be...it so excitin haha

Myteemouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow nice pick up VDM for sure.. well done . we will have to do some cutting on those and see what they look like in my tank too :)

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Congrats! Those are beautiful!! :D

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back