If you own a saltwater mixing station, please share your pictures & ideas?

rowdyreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5232.jpg
May I ask where you got these stands?

The Farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does your station look like? If it’s hard plumbed I would look into and in-line sediment filter from the big box stores.

Attachments

• 96754A55-26C7-4935-BD61-BB45BE6D72E1.png
    96754A55-26C7-4935-BD61-BB45BE6D72E1.png
    510 KB · Views: 111

CincyReefer07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pair of 65 gallon barrels for my mixing station I built earlier this year. Using a Lifegard Quiet One 6000 for mixing. Yes at the time of the picture I do have a brass hose connection fitting on the setup but only temporary until the pvc on arrives, I barely use the hose connection anyways. With the BRS 100gpd rodi unit hooked up to it from my laundry sink and my diy stand I built out of 2x4’s and 1/2” plywood. I still have to hook up my Kamoer x2sr awc unit up to it to do daily water changes between it and my sump which is in the same room

image.jpg

jepuskar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't you want it on the outlet of the salt container? The reason being that some salt mixes themselves are 'dirty'.
And yes, I realize this response is about 7 months later. :)

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my sediment filter on a recirculating loop on my salt barrel, and it also goes to the hose that goes to the tank.

BRS did a video on this a while ago, it's a great idea, and my mixing barrels are spotless even many years later using plain jane purple box IO.

ifreefingwasaperson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a tight fit into a closet the size of an optional bathtub. My DT is behind these tanks. Next to this closet is a 1/2 bath. I ran a drain line (for the DT, sump and waterstation), RO/DI tap line, ATO fill line, and a line to fill/pull water to/from the DT. My fresh water tank doubles as my ATO storage using a gravity feed Apex solenoid coupled to my ATO sensors. I added 2 optical sensors that open the RO/DI main line (pre filters) to fill the fresh tank when it gets low (bottom). Open the solenoid, turns on the RO/DI step-up pump. The pressure switch is there, but coupled with the float into the fresh tank are my secondary cut-offs. Even if those fail, there is a drain line at the very top of the fresh tank. I also added a split and valves to dump RO/DI water from the fresh line to the drain during back flushes. Their is also a fresh manual TO line to my QT tank if needed. There are valves to direct the water from this tank either into the salt tank, or down the drain.

When I want to make saltwater, I open a valve and it fills the bottom tank. This tank has the pump that pushes water to either; drain, circulate back, QT fill, DT fill. Also running through this stack I can open DT valves and this stack to push water from my DT to the QT. So for my QT, I can either use fresh to DT water. The DT has a valve to direct fresh water right up in the return. I also added salinity and temp probs to my salt tank. The temp/heater is for feeding my QT and optionally run. No hoses or buckets for me!

This is all theory as this is my first salt tank, still under construction. I've tested this water room and it all works. I'll be filling my DT in a few weeks to start cycling.

tank wall.jpg

rodi.jpg

water room top.jpg

water room bottom.jpg
Whats the vent added for? First time I’ve seen a station with one

Eddie Bee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally, almost everything has come in and has been assembled except for my two 1'' Spears Gate Vales which will be on each side between the 1'' pipe and the spigot x street 90's. That's where my gate valves will be installed so at any giving point I will be able to grab some fresh RODI water or saltwater from each Brute container. Also, instead of having the Cepex ball Valve where I am going to be connecting my Marine & RV 1/2'' 25ft hose, I will be using a 1/2'' Spears Gate valve with the Cam Lever Quick to Connect my 1/2'' in size hose. Order 1 more spigot to street 45 to put inside my Brute salt container to there is one on each side. Next, I have to Glue everything together. I am going to be using a product called WELD -ON! 1ST I will use there Weld On - Plumbing Primer - then finish up with the Weld -On Heavy Duty PVC Cement Gray to match up with my fittings. Then my last step will be building my stand. I bought 6 cinder blocks and 5 two by 4's for my frame. After I get the frame completed I will just be screwing down a pcs of 1'' thick pcs of plywood and then this operation Saltwater mixing station will be completed. Here a few pixs to show you how it turned out before I start gluing everything together. My total cost ending up being around $1250.00 for my Mixing station! Please feel free to let me know your thoughts?
Many thanks,
FLSharkvictim

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 6.38.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 6.37.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 6.37.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 6.37.02 PM.png
What pump did you use?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 138 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back