In-line filter for debris , before a roller mat ??

thePURP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone make a inline unit for plumbing that will catch larger debris such as dehydrated shrimp or other larger food waste , before the roller system ? So as I don’t get a collection of decaying food I have to remove the roller to get out ???

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone make a inline unit for plumbing that will catch larger debris such as dehydrated shrimp or other larger food waste , before the roller system ? So as I don’t get a collection of decaying food I have to remove the roller to get out ???
Forgive me if im thinking about it from the wrong angle but isnt that the purpose of the auto roller? The roller gets discarded or recycled after.....

OP
OP
T

thePURP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgive me if im thinking about it from the wrong angle but isnt that the purpose of the auto roller? The roller gets discarded or recycled after.....
Was more or less looking at it as …. I don’t want decaying food floating inside the roller till the roll runs out , or to have to remove the roller unit to clean out all the soggy shrimp ….. I’m specifically looking for something to remove large particles like fingernail size shrimp that go down my overflow , before they get to the roller for easier cleaning and break down

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was more or less looking at it as …. I don’t want decaying food floating inside the roller till the roll runs out , or to have to remove the roller unit to clean out all the soggy shrimp ….. I’m specifically looking for something to remove large particles like fingernail size shrimp that go down my overflow , before they get to the roller for easier cleaning and break down
Line your overflow weir with screen...or plumb in a y strainer with a micron screen. GP makes an all PVC version.

OP
OP
T

thePURP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe turn off your return pump for a while when you feed?
I have a slow feeding “basket” ish type holder that my girl puts large dehydrated shrimp in for my cow fish to nibble at , but often he pulls out larger pieces and then when he “ loses it “ he just goes and takes another ….. periodically through the day …. They are probably half inch long shrimps …. It’s not really a “ return pump when I feed issue “ it’s a “ fish is a greedy , slob “ issue and I was looking for a solution to the large pieces I don’t catch ….. turning off the pump won’t make him less piggy ,

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 164 72.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back