Inflamed Gill on Clownfish, and new spot

Kelstofer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy, so I added two clowns to my tank on Saturday. One is 100% fine though a bit of a bully

The other has more or less been in this spot, I’ve posted this a couple places and most people have told me it’s normal behavior BUT, his gill

In the video you can see his left gill is clearly inflamed, it’s been like this since Saturday before I put him in my tank. I didn’t notice at the store, I noticed once I was home and after he went in the tank.

It hasn’t gotten worse, and it’s just this one gill. Today I noticed on the white stripe on his head he has a couple spots that look… lighter? Than they did yesterday. Again, not sure if this is normal and not sure if this is a result of the other flown fighting him

I mainly just want to make sure he’s not sick and I shouldn’t be treating him or if his gill is fine

These are my first clowns and my first saltwater tank so I’m trying to take all the precautions

Parameters are all fine, someone did say it could be ammonia but my ammonia is testing fine. I’ve also been adding prime just to be safe

Attachments

• IMG_6058.mov
    41.2 MB

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Linking the other thread like I mentioned to keep the info together:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back