Introducing the Photon V2!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did someone expecting a 48 receive a 24 by chance? I'd bet they are really upset! I did open it just to make sure that the mounting arms wherent just really big (and heavy!). I didnt want to untie the cords and try messing with it, but the appearance and quality seemed pretty nice.

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received it today. I'm working on programming it now. The light looks real nice so far.

o0CVgIu.jpg

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Thanks for posting that. Does the V2 seem to spotlight/disco heavily or is it pretty evenly lit? How is the remote?
You can make out some individual colors in the shimmer but overall it seems pretty even. I imagine it would be a little better with 120 optics. The controller is OK. The touch screen fails to read my finger sometimes which can be slightly frustrating, but it works well. It seems more responsive the closer to the light. Those are the only gripes I can come up with. Everything seems to work very well and I am pretty happy with it. Here is the remote.

54rptfB.jpg

fernalfer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The disco effect is pretty present. Maybe it is a little worse in your videos because your powerheads are up high causing a lot of water disturbance at the top.

geotut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Paul87 Did you have any trouble getting your custom program to run? I can not get it to work and it's driving me crazy! It seems like I am able to get it to save but not actually run the program.....

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Paul87 Did you have any trouble getting your custom program to run? I can not get it to work and it's driving me crazy! It seems like I am able to get it to save but not actually run the program.....
Glad you got it squared away. LOL. Seems im not the only one looking everywhere for otheres feedback on these fixtures. ;)

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far these photon V2's seem pretty legit to me. I'm enjoying mine. Things are slowly adjusting to them at 80% (5w whites) max. I really doubt I will bring it above that as some zoas were'nt digging the intense light. I swithed from a 120w black box with blues and whites only that was ran maxed out at 100% (there was no dimmer on my old fuxture). I'm very curious to see what others are running there light schedules at with these fixtures as well as how high above tank and intensity. Am I the only one currently running them over an established reef tank right now?

uZAd24L.jpg

lwmnfrvr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Paul87, did the the remote control for your light come withe instructions on how to set it up?
I'm contemplating purchasing two 32 v2's and would hope instructions would make the set up go easy.
Better yet does Reef Breeders have a video tutorial on how to set theses lights up with the remote?
P.S. Your tank looks great. Whats the name of the white SPS with blue tips in the middle of your tank?

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Paul87, did the the remote control for your light come withe instructions on how to set it up?
I'm contemplating purchasing two 32 v2's and would hope instructions would make the set up go easy.
Better yet does Reef Breeders have a video tutorial on how to set theses lights up with the remote?
P.S. Your tank looks great. Whats the name of the white SPS with blue tips in the middle of your tank?
Yes it had instructions. It's pretty simple. Slot easier than I was thinking before I started. Not aware of a video for them but I think they are about like programming the first versions. The acro you are asking about it a valida that has turned colors a good while back for some reason.

lwmnfrvr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joined the Reef Breeder club yesterday. Ordered two of the Photon 32's. They will be replacing a 48" Sunbrite eight bulb hood that I placed over my 150. Received an e-mail this morning advising me that the lights have shipped. Now it's just a matter of the cross country waiting game. LOL!

lwmnfrvr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Received my Reef Breeder lights yesterday around noon. Upon inspecting the lights I found the plastic face on the controllers severely scratched. Sent Logan an e-mail regarding this issue and he quickly responded stating that there is a plastic film cover protecting the controller. I could not see the film at first, but after several attempts was able to remove it. That was my "McFly" moment for the day.
Thank you Logan!
Hope to have the lights installed in my canopy by this afternoon.

OP
OP
Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

These lights have MAP pricing regulations, any certified retailer should be advertising them for the same prices as we are.

Also, this retailer isn't a sponsor and is posting their own info in this forum- I am not sure if they are a legitimate retailer or not, especially if they are willing to break the MAP pricing agreement.

Last edited:

lwmnfrvr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Paul87, what lighting intensity have you finally settled on? I'm still trying to dial in my lights. Have the Royal Blues at max 70%, my whites at 35% and the remaining lights at 40%. This is all subject to change. Just wanted to get an idea as to your schedule.
My lights hang about 10 inches off the water on a 150 gallon 30 inch deep tank.

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Paul87, what lighting intensity have you finally settled on? I'm still trying to dial in my lights. Have the Royal Blues at max 70%, my whites at 35% and the remaining lights at 40%. This is all subject to change. Just wanted to get an idea as to your schedule.
My lights hang about 10 inches off the water on a 150 gallon 30 inch deep tank.
70% on blue and whites. 11 hour schedule ramping at the ends. Here is a chicken scratch write up of the schedule. You can see where I wrote above the 80's and 85's with 70's. I'm pretty sure this is the one I have it set too.lol. My tank is a standard 40 breeder. The light fixture is about 10" above the tank.
HeLE7wU.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 49 25.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.1%
Back