Is a 9.50 PH BAD?

ReefCartel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At pH 9.5, the rapid precipitation of magnesium hydroxide and the somewhat slower precipitation of calcium carbonate will make the water look like milk. :D

Hey Randy. If i were to dose Alk / Cal 2part manually. Twice a day only. Would would be the max amount in "ml" at one time? Also, how far apart do they need to be? My tank consumes about 1dkh per day if i dont do anything. My Alk is at 5.7 dkh and my target is 7.5 dkh.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you read the same pH both in the morning (before the lights turning on) as in the evening (just before your lights turning of)?

Sincerely Lasse

Griff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Randy. If i were to dose Alk / Cal 2part manually. Twice a day only. Would would be the max amount in "ml" at one time? Also, how far apart do they need to be? My tank consumes about 1dkh per day if i dont do anything. My Alk is at 5.7 dkh and my target is 7.5 dkh.

In my IM Nuvo 30L I have to dose 1 dkh per day as well. I never seem to dose calcium it stays around 425 dkh jus continues to go down. I read an article that corals could be using magnesium instead of the calc but I'm not sure. Currently I'm testing every few days and dosing alk and calc to try and keep everything as close to 9dkh and 425 calc. Once my 525xl is up I don't plan on dosing for a while as I'll have very few corals to start and much more water volume so it should be much more stable and I'm looking forward to some decent growth because of more stable water parameters.

My ph stays around 8.4

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What is the tank volume?

IMO, boosting by 0.5 dKH per day (above the demand rate) is fine.

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a color based ph paper test. It will be max 8.5

I wouldnt assume if mushrooms or zoas arnt opening its because of high ph.

iqreefaquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of coral is the one in the third pic from the top? I have one, but have no clue of what it is

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%

Back