Is my anemone looking fine?

mathew.jarvis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently purchased an anemone and it looks like he settled in a crack in my rock. I just introduced him into my tank yesterday. Does he look okay? Mouth is closed and the foot looks really secured. Im just debating whether the flow is too strong or not.

Ive got a fluval evo 13.5 with a rfg on one nozzle, and nero 3 running with settings as seen below. I dont want to have the flow too low as I have a birds nest frag in the tank too.

Thanks a bunch. Screenshot_20231029_172940_myAI.jpg

Attachments

• 20231029_173018.mp4
    21.4 MB
OP
OP
mathew.jarvis

mathew.jarvis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, looks healthy. You may want to dial your flow back just a bit. Very nice anemone! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Okay. Thank you very much. When anemones find a nice spot for themselves do they still move their foot around? Mine has done so last night moved his foot around but hes still in the same crack this morning lol.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay. Thank you very much. When anemones find a nice spot for themselves do they still move their foot around? Mine has done so last night moved his foot around but hes still in the same crack this morning lol.
They can move around a bit. I've got a condy anemone who's been roaming around part of the tank for the last month (it may have finally find its "happy spot").

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 109 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back