Is my YWG ok?

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No prior to the mandarin. Idk honestly. It was fine for a few months but it didn't seem to be growing much. One day it took a ride through the overflow into the sock so I triaged and hand fed it in a breeder box and fed it for maybe 6 weeks, returned it to the tank one day I thought it was doing good but it didnt move around much in the DT so I boxed it again and then maybe a week later it passed. Idk what caused it to stop eating...

OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No prior to the mandarin. Idk honestly. It was fine for a few months but it didn't seem to be growing much. One day it took a ride through the overflow into the sock so I triaged and hand fed it in a breeder box and fed it for maybe 6 weeks, returned it to the tank one day I thought it was doing good but it didnt move around much in the DT so I boxed it again and then maybe a week later it passed. Idk what caused it to stop eating...
Well that is F****** terrifying lol. I hope my guy does well. Having each type of pod should give me time to find what he'll like the most

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah ReefCLeaners is a solid outfit

Im thinking online is only answer.. no one around me has one. I've been looking for a tiger pistol for a month now
Whatever you do don't get a red japanese one if you want a pair. Just my exp, but while I thought they'd be friends at first they're not. I blame the shrimp; testy little guy. The goby lets my cleaner go to town on occasion so I don't think its him...
1671120861503.png
I'd look for one of the dwarf ones if I had to get another..

OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah ReefCLeaners is a solid outfit

Whatever you do don't get a red japanese one if you want a pair. Just my exp, but while I thought they'd be friends at first they're not. I blame the shrimp; testy little guy. The goby lets my cleaner go to town on occasion so I don't think its him...
1671120861503.png
I'd look for one of the dwarf ones if I had to get another..
I just found a tiger pistol. Had him put it on hold. It's a little bit away from me buy I'm going literally right now to get it lol

OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, now im looking to buy some pods! What you got?!
I mean if you really want, I sell locally so within florida. Right now I have Apocyclops readily available. Tisbe and tig are new cultures and I'm holding off on them until they are self sustaining. I can try further lol

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean if you really want, I sell locally so within florida. Right now I have Apocyclops readily available. Tisbe and tig are new cultures and I'm holding off on them until they are self sustaining. I can try a further distance lol
Very cool and appreciated. If I was local to you I for sure would. Good luck with the shrimp! keep us posted

bjmartie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If we go to fla any time soon, (haven't been in years, lol) then I'll have to message you! I just prefer to buy from someone smaller then larger companies.

TokenReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw I slid mine down my gravel vac tube to aim it right where the gobys lair was. Even though they didn't become buds I think this was a good strategy I'd use again because that's exactly where it started digging and made its burrow...
1671121755565.jpeg

OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw I slid mine down my gravel vac tube to aim it right where the gobys lair was. Even though they didn't become buds I think this was a good strategy I'd use again because that's exactly where it started digging and made its burrow...
1671121755565.jpeg
Lol thats exactly what I'm going to do

bjmartie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1671121755565.jpeg
That's an awesome idea!! Did they seem to pair quickly?! One I bought as a pair and other one paired within a week after the goby learned the ways of the goby.

OP
OP
B

BuddyBonButt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's an awesome idea!! Did they seem to pair quickly?! One I bought as a pair and other one paired within a week after the goby learned the ways of the goby.
I was told this when I bought the YWG if I planned to get a shrimp they recommended a clear long tube

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back