OP
N

Naveed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure I will wait, again thank you so much for advise. I did learn the hard way will QT and never gonna buy from Petco, it was sick the day I pick it showed symptoms the very next day.

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure I will wait, again thank you so much for advise. I did learn the hard way will QT and never gonna buy from Petco, it was sick the day I pick it showed symptoms the very next day.

It’s not Petco, the distribution system that supplies all LFS’s are contaminated with disease. Just because you buy from a high end LFS doesn’t mean they and Petco didn’t get their fish from the same supplier.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree you're dealing with uronema and possibly brook, and perhaps even other ailments. That looks like uronema to me as well. Unfortunately, it doesn't need a host to survive in the main tank, it's one thing that is a definite why everything should be quarantined.

I would argue that healthy fish remain unaffected by it. So if you quarantine all fish and get them fat and happy in the quarantine tank and then watch them for two weeks before addition you SHOULD be OK. However, there is a risk that uronema takes them out afterward. The other alternative is to tear it down and sterilize everything in bleach and start all over. Lots of biospira would be your friend in that case. Treat all fish, and treat all incoming fish and run "rock and anything wet" 76 days fallow before it enters your tank.

The parasite environment these days is so poor, this is a sad state of affairs and a tough choice to make.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 71 30.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 67 28.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 50 21.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 47 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back