OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working on a storage a cabinet for tank supplies. My plastic drawers over'runith and just looks terrible and is dysfunctional. This is it so far... has a drawer for small stuff and I'm creating a testing center in the middle :)

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
uploadfromtaptalk1464842649858.jpg

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef looks great Jackie! The growth form on your green slimer is text book! What is that green cap? Is that a m.aequituberculata? I like it:)

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef looks great Jackie! The growth form on your green slimer is text book! What is that green cap? Is that a m.aequituberculata? I like it:)
Thanks Andy! Lol yeah that slimer grows like a weed. I fragged about 8-10 inches worth off of it already. Ironically, everything in the middle of the tank are under 6 t5s only and doing just as well as the ones at either side which is t5s and ai sol super blue leds.

I'm not sure which green monti it is. I got it as a 1" frag from a friend who didn't know either. It changes from a medium green to a deep dark green from time to time. I suspect that may be due to fluctuations in iron levels. It did have another plate section to the left side just like the one you see but I fragged it off lol.
dd9fa5641b23ee13b2ca6467d544d159.jpg
7fbfcd6370ae5d39bef57e6bb2817f68.jpg

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet, I might be borrowing that idea from you!
WOW!!!!

Looks great, and I see no hair algae even with my four pairs of eyes!;)
Haha Alex, you're too funny!!!

Sure has come a long way hasn't it? It's tough to get a good balance for a "mixed" reef where everything is going to be happy. I'm going to try Melves HA removal method and see how that works for me. My arms are short so that may prove a challenge reaching the bottom areas. Might have to create a tool for it.
Your tank is amazing:D
Thank you Lilly :D

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sure do hope Melves way of ridding ha works for me. I'd really like to keep away from vodka dosing due to the LPS and monti's. This stuff spreads way too quickly for my liking. :(

OP
OP
prsnlty

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you give me an over-view of the process?
Melves never uses gfo or anything. He doses his tanks with seachem phosphate rx 3-4 times per year. He did a video where he let ha grow like crazy in a frag tank. He showed how you can't pull it off no matter how hard he tried. Then at lights out he dosed the phosphate rx. Next day he pulled on the same ha and it came right off. He also makes sure not to release any into the tank when he does this. After he pulls off some he puts it in a bucket of tap water and rinsing his hand each time before getting more. Once he has it "manageable" He adds a ton of astrea turbos and they clear the rest

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh ok, now I got it... lanthanum chloride - same stuff used in pools to help with algae control.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back