Jebao DP4 versus Jabao 3.4

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than the obvious, one is wifi which one is better? The wifi is also cheaper. The reason I would prefer the wifi one over the DP4 is actually because I can easily mount it in my cabinet. The DP4 is bigger and I will have to make a shelf or something for it. Reliability is also an issue. Anyone used both before that can offer feedback on them?

BlennyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the wifi one and it's alright. The programming is a little weird. The pumps themselves are also a little cheap in construction.

It's fine for now but I'll probably replace it with a different brand sometime in the next few months.

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the wifi one and it's alright. The programming is a little weird. The pumps themselves are also a little cheap in construction.

It's fine for now but I'll probably replace it with a different brand sometime in the next few months.

I have the DP4. My understanding is that programming the 3.4 is the same as programming the DP4, except you're doing it in an app instead of with a two-line monochrome lcd and 4 buttons.

BlennyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the DP4. My understanding is that programming the 3.4 is the same as programming the DP4, except you're doing it in an app instead of with a two-line monochrome lcd and 4 buttons.
Yeah, it's not a great app though. You can make it work, it just takes a lot of steps to program it.

Once it's programmed, it's not so bad to use.

alysak6075

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the DP4. Once I calibrated it (all the pumps were 1-2 turns off of the mark) it has been rock solid. been running for a while and no issue at all.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Both require a shelf and wifi is only 3” deep versus about 8” in dp-4

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it's not a great app though. You can make it work, it just takes a lot of steps to program it.

Once it's programmed, it's not so bad to use.
Oh, i'm sure its terrible.

The point I was poorly trying to make is that the process is way tougher with poorly marked buttons and a tiny screen inside an aquarium stand. Just the ergonomics are a pain.

Getting it off the box and onto a phone/computer is worth the $15 difference IMO.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

shakygator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running my dp4 for 5+ years and it's solid. I *may* have rebuilt some of the heads some years back, I don't remember if that was this pump or not. I do need to find some more connectors/tubing that works because the tube I used last time caused air to enter the tubing (after the head) and drained my tube into the tank - that's my fault though, not the dosers.

BlennyTime

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running my dp4 for 5+ years and it's solid. I *may* have rebuilt some of the heads some years back, I don't remember if that was this pump or not. I do need to find some more connectors/tubing that works because the tube I used last time caused air to enter the tubing (after the head) and drained my tube into the tank - that's my fault though, not the dosers.
I found that just regular airline tubing works pretty well

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 44 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 159 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.6%
Back