Jebao return pump... DC, DCT, DCP, or DCS

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really? I could swear I read somewhere that they were garbage. But I know everyone has a lot of opinions LOL

Quiet one pumps absolutely are garbage.

And the idea that theyre less reliable than modern Jebao pumps is absurd.

Running jebao pumps as returns on multiple tanks, and a couple pounds in my greenhouse. No issues.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely agree with others about jebao pumps. They are the best buy for the dollar amount you can get. I would say to stick to the dcp and dcq because i have both. Ill be trying out the mcd next but since i have not yet i wont recommend it.
Currently i have 2 dcp20000, 1 dcq10000, 2 cp40 gyres, 2 sow20, 2 slw-20. All jebao products, all are silent except the gyres when in need of cleaning, all run flawlessly. 1 dcp20000 needed a new controller, cost 35.00. That was from me getting it wet. I will stick with jebao products for my current 1200gal build as they have not given me any issues, even with minimal maintenance!

Hotwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think it ever was released under that lettering. I think it was between the dc and dcp.
I assume it was released as the dct, or it may have been ment to be after the dct, but the dcp was designed and released first so the dcw was scrapped. I dont even see it for sale.
Could it be one of their ac pumps? Or for pond use?
The mcd was just released , or at least went on the market within the past couple months.
I currently have 2 dcp20000 and 1dcq10000. Ill be getting some of these mcd10000 for closed loop . Im going to try and download the app and see how much control it has available, if i can set multiple on off cycles and wVe patterns throughout the day i can eliminate all powerheads in the tanks. That would be a fantastic upgrade in my opinion
Do you prefer one over the other dcp or dcq? I’m going to be getting one for a return pump. I’m such a noob I’m not sure what model to get gph wise I’m going with the innovative marine 75gal tank it’s 35.5”23.5”x19.7” and a 24gal Fiji cube sump.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you prefer one over the other dcp or dcq? I’m going to be getting one for a return pump. I’m such a noob I’m not sure what model to get gph wise I’m going with the innovative marine 75gal tank it’s 35.5”23.5”x19.7” and a 24gal Fiji cube sump.
No i dont. The dcq has the added wave function, but for a return its not used. I dont know what weir (drain) size that tank has. That reLly is the limiting factor for the size. Also how much flow are you trying to get .
My suggestion without knowing the answer to those questions is this. Get 2 dcp10000 pumpss. You can sart with 1 and add the second later. Put 1-2 random flow generator nozzles on the return. Dial the output up to what you need.
When you add the second, plumb it with its own return pipes. Add random flow nozzles to it , adjust the output on both pumps to get the turnover you need. Then if you need to maintenance 1 you still have flow through your system. This will also help reduce the amount of powerheads needed.

Hotwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No i dont. The dcq has the added wave function, but for a return its not used. I dont know what weir (drain) size that tank has. That reLly is the limiting factor for the size. Also how much flow are you trying to get .
My suggestion without knowing the answer to those questions is this. Get 2 dcp10000 pumpss. You can sart with 1 and add the second later. Put 1-2 random flow generator nozzles on the return. Dial the output up to what you need.
When you add the second, plumb it with its own return pipes. Add random flow nozzles to it , adjust the output on both pumps to get the turnover you need. Then if you need to maintenance 1 you still have flow through your system. This will also help reduce the amount of powerheads needed.
Ok I understand what your saying, here’s the info of the tank. Looks like there is 30 grates in the weir area, and the recommended gph is 750-1500gph

85541D7C-5AE5-49D3-BDF1-934DFF612103.png DCBC0133-D33C-42E1-B349-2F7584A37A70.png 2CFFE042-722A-4CB1-912F-A5A5558B5868.jpeg

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its 1700gph max, then id get 2 dcp8000. You will be able to run them at the lowest setting.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 of the dcp will put a mX flow of 4000gal. Allowing you to run them at a low speed, and the 8000 is a smaller size so easier to fit 2

RoronoaZangetsu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in need of a new pump that is capable of pumping up at least 15 feet vertically. I will be using this for bulk water changes from the basement to the 1st floor tank. Any recommendations on a specific model? I currently have a danner mag drive 9.5 but it cannot handle the height.

GaryE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in need of a new pump that is capable of pumping up at least 15 feet vertically. I will be using this for bulk water changes from the basement to the 1st floor tank. Any recommendations on a specific model? I currently have a danner mag drive 9.5 but it cannot handle the height.

you'll need something with High Head. Like this:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back