JoJo's IM 40L AIO - Please, step into my office

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do they need a larger "base" to keep growing? Or will its skeleton/flesh grow mostly up/outwards? Close up of the disk:
1714416332173.jpeg

Looks like some flesh wrapping around the disk. Would it benefit from gluing the disk to a larger piece of rock rubble?

Thanks!
From what I have seen, the space invader grows upward mostly, a few people have had them grow outward more than upward. So, I wonder if there are a couple of different species (pectinia) of space invaders out there?

They don't need more base to grow upward, either they do or don't. Some species of pectinia will only grow so much base and will cover more height.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks like some flesh wrapping around the disk. Would it benefit from gluing the disk to a larger piece of rock rubble?
So,I missed this my brains all over the map. I would give it more rock, disk to spread on if it likes. Sometimes, you never know. They wont really encrust on sand, but they can build skeleton over the sand. Sand seems to slow down their growth though.

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So,I missed this my brains all over the map. I would give it more rock, disk to spread on if it likes. Sometimes, you never know. They wont really encrust on sand, but they can build skeleton over the sand. Sand seems to slow down their growth though.
Awesome, that's what I'm looking for! A bit of extra rock underneath it also might keep the pitho from moving him around all the nmad time!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome, that's what I'm looking for! A bit of extra rock underneath it also might keep the pitho from moving him around all the nmad time!
And, if you have animals who dig around the pectinia, that can cause irritation to the skin and cause it to peel back. So, elevating the pectinia will benefit.

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I swear, i cant read anything that hasnt been moderat....

Son of a
cocaine GIF
Ah yes, the powdered sugar bear. Scourge of the town's bakery until unfortunately passing due to hyper-hyperglycemia. Or so the police report says...

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 28 35.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back