JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today's AM:

Power outage struck apparently during the first feeding time where the wifi switch turns off the return pumps, and thus the trigger to turn them back on didn't happen--got into office with no return flow. At least the gyre keeps going. So, network had to be rebooted and such, good time to clean the glass and move stuff around.

These guys are now looking like they're ready to ship!
1713812808910.jpeg

So second objective of this AM: test the heat sealer + bags for holding water.
Outcome: FAIL

Perhaps the cellophane bags aren't the right material for this, and will have to try PP/PE bags. That or buy a new heat sealer. Add that to my expanding list of equipment to buy :)

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today's AM:

Power outage struck apparently during the first feeding time where the wifi switch turns off the return pumps, and thus the trigger to turn them back on didn't happen--got into office with no return flow. At least the gyre keeps going. So, network had to be rebooted and such, good time to clean the glass and move stuff around.

1713812808910.jpeg

Perhaps the cellophane bags aren't the right material for this, and will have to try PP/PE bags. That or buy a new heat sealer. Add that to my expanding list of equipment to buy :)
It’s definitely bag dependent. Lol I had to figure out which bags to use with mine - don’t ask me I don’t remember!!

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today's AM:

1713812808910.jpeg

Specimen cups?

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Specimen cups?
I have cups and tuppers of different sizes, but I worry about them leaking. Also met a local who was using a heat sealer and clear plastic bags to pack corals. Picked up a few from him and thought it was the best packaging I've seen, so trying the same. Also 100 bags is a lot easier to store in the office than 100 pee cups :)

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have cups and tuppers of different sizes, but I worry about them leaking. Also met a local who was using a heat sealer and clear plastic bags to pack corals. Picked up a few from him and thought it was the best packaging I've seen, so trying the same. Also 100 bags is a lot easier to store in the office than 100 pee cups :)
This is what I do. For shipping I always double bag. Seal the 1st bag rebar and seal again! Just don’t seal over the 1st sealed bag.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Pee" cups ;)

08TRDOFFROAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today's AM:

1713812808910.jpeg

Are they all spoken for?

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what light schedule are you running?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back