Just a few of my not so great pics :)

mecold

Oh I wish I were an......
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't really posted much over here, so I thought I would share a few not so great pictures of just a couple of my zoas. My tanks lighting is 8x39w 10k t5's, so colors aren't great, but I am happy!

My phe's (grow quite well, but I have fragged them more than a few times :) )
PDR_0016.jpg

A small blurry side shot of a few nice zoas, and an ugly paly.
PDR_0013.jpg

My dragon eyes, pink w/green skirts, and some eagle eyes? Don't look at the cyano in the bottom corner :(
PDR_0014.jpg

My new PPE's (I am so happy to finally get these), miami hurricanes (look like mean greens, but are much nicer), and a "wish it was an armageddon" paly.
PDR_0011.jpg

My curse of mohawk palys! I guess it could be a blessing, but these things grow like weeds.
PDR_0015.jpg

And lastly, my purple palys. I nkow a few people here who have a frag, so maybe they can tell me how they look in their tank.
Purlple2colorskirt7-22-06.jpg

Thanks,
Paul

limestro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, I'm flooding all your frags right now w/ actinics for a few days. They are currently under experimentation. I'm seeing if I can force those cat eyes to gain some color. Hopefully my experiment can yield some interesting results. I'll see if I can take pictures tonight. Just got back in town and am in the middle of jobs so hopefully I have some time to do that tonight after work.

OP
OP
M

mecold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have moved my cats eyes to the top of the tank to try to blast them with a whole lot more light. I am also going to upgrade to a halide/t5 combo soon, so maybe that will help :)

Today is my day off from work, so I am getting caught up on tank work.

OP
OP
M

mecold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks marvin.

Believe me, I have tons more zoas. I am just to lazy to take pictures of all of them :) Even though I am totally addicted to sps, I always can find room for 1 more zoa. Actually, my next new arrival will be true tubs blues. These are coming from a friend who purchased them quite a while back directly from tubs.

Paul

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking zoo's! Those mohawks do grow like weeds. Ive got 3 new polyps since you sent them. The purple palys you sent me have now got a white and yellow skirt with a white mouth. Very cool looking. Definatly one of my favorites.

OP
OP
M

mecold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:)

You think they grow fast now, wait till they get established. Then frag the colony, three polyps will sprout for every polyp you take.

OP
OP
M

mecold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Funny how nobody saw the itsy bitsy little pink lemonade acro frag in one of the pics :) Guess the zoas really out shine acros for color. That or I just have some nice zoas :)

da6d2003

Definately OCD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those purples are sweet!

I don't know what you're complaining about, your photos are great.

Have you seen mine? Now those are bad.

OP
OP
M

mecold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I finally spend the money for a new camera, I will have some nice pictures. I am amazed at how well my 4 year old camera works though.

Chris2222000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Paul,
Nice to see ya here. Real nice stuff there. You've really come along way since you got your tank started. You and I both ordered our LR around the same time from Dr. Macs....remember....lol.

...be sure to post a full tank shot when you get a chance!

-Chris

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Paul!

Theya re all doing really well. The 'wannabe armageddon' looks like it is making 4 new babies on the bottom of the one polyp you sent me, no joke. I'll get a pic tonight. It ia also gaining color like a madman. I love them all that you sent me!!!

:D
Laurie

OP
OP
M

mecold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris,

I remember way back :) I still remember your thread, it was the reason I went with the good dr. Hows you tank doing? Will work on a full tank shot after I get off my butt and clean all of the coralline up.

Laurie,

Glad you like it! I keep that lower in the tank, but it does grow quite well. That was a free frag from a friend of mine in jacksonville, FL. I swear when I got it, it was orange, now it is more pinkish orange. Still, it is a favorite of mine!

Paul

Chris2222000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is doing awesome, matter of fact I just picked up a 33g Oceanic Cube. Petco is running a sale where each tank they have is only one dollar per gallon...so I got it for 33 bucks, regular 150.
I swear this hobby is a money pit...but a good one, lol.

OP
OP
M

mecold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell me about it! I am getting ready to set up a frag tank in a month or so. I just have to figure out what size the tank will be. Do you still have the xenia plague? I have found the secret to keeping xenia in check, yellow polyps. They keep my xenia in check quite well.

Paul

Chris2222000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL. Yes but I steered them up to the top where they cant go anywhere else. Those weeds will grow anywhere..theres a few growing right in front of 1 of my seio 2600s, lol. I dread going in there and ripping them out because they smell absolutely horrible!
Whats funnier is ppl who come to my house never notice the ppes, cat eyes...etc, they always notice the large gangs of xenia!
I may need to get some yellow polyps....

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris2222000 said:
Tank is doing awesome, matter of fact I just picked up a 33g Oceanic Cube. Petco is running a sale where each tank they have is only one dollar per gallon...so I got it for 33 bucks, regular 150.
I swear this hobby is a money pit...but a good one, lol.

:shock:

Jeeves!!! To Petco and step on it!!! :lol: Were the nanos on sale like that???

Here's the promised pics of the armageddon wannabe exploding in growth... This pic was taken last night before I went to bed- tonight 3 of the bumps are pointed at the ends. Man, I love zoas!!!

armageddonwannabe2.jpg

armageddonwannabe1.jpg

:D
Laurie

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The bottom of the polyp is like that with babies trying to pook out almost 360 degrees. I have never had a polyp do that from the get-go!!

Sorry the pics were so big
:(
Laurie

OP
OP
M

mecold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris,

I know what you mean! Noone notices the "rare" zoos or acros, but they sure do love the xenia and kenya tree. Fortunatly for me, my xenia doesn't spread. It literally grew to 4-5 stalks and stopped. Kenya though, that stuff is everywhere.

Laurie,

Thanks for the updated pic of the paly. BTW, how is the acro? The consensus of my reef club seems to think it is the scripps staghorn (acropora micropthalma) instead or straita.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back