Just found this site

dan10342

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sniff sniff sniff....hey stephen.....is it safe????

Cully's in the house dudes. I posted my pics on the meet-n-greet page. Gonna get back out on the boards n surf around.......

Peace-n-Chicken Grease!

i think its safe... much safer here IMO. :horse:

im mean... just look at the smileys they provide us!! and they have an ARCADE!!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a ton more smileys to add and more games as well!!

:D

The only thing we ask here at R2R is keep it family friendly as in kids read some of these forums. Other than that its all good!

dan10342

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rev,

new games would be nice... too long have i spent trying to get high scores in yeti games...

cardiffgiant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hehe, I'm still allowed at the other place... but the conversation will be limited now that half the board is gone.

dan10342

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, that is the most locked topics on the URS board i have ever seen in such a short time span. anyone see what JackiinFl wrote??

psychofishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those that can't read it..

To start with I don't know anyone who has been ban from this site. Although I do want to say, very nice way to greet people of URS.Plenty of your so called guest's donate to this site through membership/advertisement.I am starting to understand why the moderators do this on a volunteer basis (YOUR ALL POWER *****'S) I used to think this was a nice site but now I know it's a bunch of jerk offs with huge balls running around smacking each others butts. It probably goes something like this

(YOU)I can't wait for them to dare me
(moderator 2) dang right then you can show those jerks who is the boss around here!
(YOU) High five man
(Moderator 2) You sure told them Bro,hahahaha
Give me a break!

To end off.... I could care less if you ban me since this site is going no where new. It's the same crap day in and out and I don't visit very often anyway. I have been wanting to tell you all where to go anyway and MISTER dare me started my day off perfect! for all of you that need this site good luck to you! To the admin get some ester-gin pills you all need some!

Cully

Big Daddy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Classic. I saved it too. They really had that coming though.

Hey Ruud, good to see ya in the mix over here on R2R!

psychofishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to be here :)

It's really simple... we're a community... how on earth do those admins/mods think it's acceptable to ban half our community from our community boards for something that wasn't offensive towards anyone.. .while they (admins/mods) aren't even part of OUR community to begin with!

dan10342

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JackiinFl has a vileplume pokemon thinger as his avatar!! which makes that post a whole lot funnier (not really but still). surprised they didnt delete that post yet

OP
OP
Jedi

Jedi

Jedi on the Run
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will.
The issue there, as I have been in contact with the mods to "politly" express my thoughts,..LOL. is that they didnt feel it Necesary to warn any of us and that we are "LUCKY" that they alow us to use the site for a forum.
I agree totally that they should have at least offered a warning and let us know they "thought" it was over the line.
Now they have banned , again in my own opinion, some of the best members, who contribute the most to the site and to the other members.
I was asked if I was planning on "begging to come back" in 30 days.
My answer is simple. NO. Why would any of us choose to participate in a forum that Mods, ( NO OFFENCE TO OUR NEW MOD) will threaten other members, delete or close threads that they just dont like. Not that the thread is inappropriate, they just plain dont like it and close it.
Then say "Dont dare me" to other members who have legitimate concerns for members they have gotten to know and count as friends. Or may have deals working with, and have no way to contact them.
Plus to have the audacity to inply we are "lucky". My God. I am pretty sure having us there, in the hobby, getting others involved( I personnaly think i brought about 100 pepps to that site) which brings in revenue into the industry, which in turn benefits all sponsors by keeping the SW hobby going.

NO matter what happens, I am here to keep in touch and share my knowledge with any old firiends, or new ones I make along the way.

I am very happy to see many of my "pals" here on the boards, and look forward to keeping in touch, breaking chops, and continuing to grow in the hobby.

Whew!!!!! :rolleyes:
Glad I got that out and off my chest

Your old Pal,
Jedi

Cully

Big Daddy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not upset at being in "time out". It's the manner in which it was done. Stephen is exactly right. An "x" with a "watch it guys" would have sufficed. Any time I thought something I was doing was in violation, I posted to the mods for guidance. Now we're being scolded and taught a lesson and used as examples. For some reason, I seem to have gotten the most "time". Again, without a response from the mods, classy. They seem to have thrown aside the more that 4400 posts I've made. 99.9% of which have been seeking information, or providing it. It's apaulling.

I do acknowledge that some of the things posted, may have been over the line for someone somewhere. When I post anything racy I ask myself is this something I have seen, or could see on prime time TV. If the answer is yes, I go ahead. That post was 8 pages long with hundreds of posts. I posted ONE thing that was suggestive and for some reason Tweety Bird found me to be a ring leader or something????

It's easy to forget that the forums are open to the public and that we're not in our own little locker room. Some subjects have no place on a Reef Keeping forum, so I accept responsibility. It's just the manner in which it was done that chaps my can.

OP
OP
Jedi

Jedi

Jedi on the Run
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I will second the fact that some of it may have been racy.. bUt nothing more than what I ahve seen on TV, Heck the Cheerleaders for the NFL wear less than the pix we posted and I personally dint feel they were out of bounds. There was NO ******, or Vulgar language. I personally didnt swear.
I will admit now, much after the fact, I was a mod for a time on a site dedicated to Direct tv card progamming. I always watched and helped out and if something was near the "Limit" I would very nicely let the person know, and then let it go. if I got the impression that the person was ignoring me, then a formal warning was issued.

As far as the forum itself, I agree that the forum is not a Locker room, but If the members of said forum had no issue, then a simple NO NO NO would have sufficed.

Cully, I got 60 days , what did you get. I was understanding from the Mighty Mods that you and i recieved the "most time" since we were the ring leaders.lol

Jedi

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.9%
Back