Just need some enthusiasm honestly

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re wondering why the title, I’ve had my worst month in the hobby so far;
unfortunately my tank went downhill this last week. First my lights melted (I was close to a fire but caught it in time). Then my steriliser wasn’t doing it’s job and ich took hold, so now two of my oldest fish (a 4.5 year old Foxface and a 3 year old Tang) have wound up being hit with ich. They seem to be alright at the moment but its only been a few days and know that it will likely just get worse before it gets better. But I am persevering and trying to combat ich the natural way - Boosting the food and putting in a cleaner wrasse to boost my cleaner shrimp. One a plus side I now have radions on my reef :)

Here’s a photo of the light and my tang with ich.
IMG_7045.jpeg

IMG_7038.jpeg

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all go through ups and downs. And you’re still one of my favorite teachers on here! You also get to play with arguably one of the smartest creatures in the world now! Are you going to get a mirror and see if it recognizes itself?

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had extensive nasal surgery and went from looking like Brad Pitt to Karl Mauldin now
Is it just temporary from the swelling? Are you doing better now?

I didn’t know we had a Brad Pitt in the house. :)

Ben's Pico Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im kind of in same boat. My tanks were being neglected and got out of reefing. Not feeling better but cant get rid of the itch. Aging sucks. Sometimes fixable or have to wait, sometimes your stuck lol. Sometimes simplifying is needed or more automation lol. Just keep moving forward praying for yall.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have been an awesome mentor for many people here. I know you will get though this and gain more perspective to help and encourage others. You have helped me a bunch and it is so appreciated.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 77 68.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back