OP
OP
J

JJKK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think these bristletooth tangs are often locally sold as ctenochaetus sp. "bristletooth tang" since many look similarly boring outside of the obvious ones with common names (kole, tomini , etc.).

I would shoot for the white tail, personally. Let us know what the seller ends up doing if you decide to raise the issue with him.
Yeah. Leaning towards rehoming this guy to get the whitetail. The difficult part is that this fish was purchased online. So not as easy as bringing it back to the LFS. I will have to figure out a price to sell it locally.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Yeah. Leaning towards rehoming this guy to get the whitetail. The difficult part is that this fish was purchased online. So not as easy as bringing it back to the LFS. I will have to figure out a price to sell it locally.
So close yet so far. If you were by me, I'd take this TODAY !!!! You have speeDee delivery in your area?

OP
OP
J

JJKK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked up Spee-Dee Delivery Services. Unfortunately, they do have any local pick-up spots near me in Northern Virginia. Looks to be a Midwest based delivery services.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My bad - thought you were Nebraska

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d be willing to buy it from you but I’m way out in the wild Wild West. They are rarely seen in the states and I want something unique for my frag tank. my frag tank is 36x48 so it’s plenty big enough.

OP
OP
J

JJKK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d be willing to buy it from you but I’m way out in the wild Wild West. They are rarely seen in the states and I want something unique for my frag tank. my frag tank is 36x48 so it’s plenty big enough.
Thank you for your interest. I have not shipped livestock before and won't try to do it the first time with this tang.

thejuice24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep it! I think mine is great, has character and it is somewhat rare fish. The one I got, was sold to me as a yellow mimic tang.

I just picked up another Tang for the QT tank and it was labeled as a "white tail". I laughed and said to the fish store worker it's so pale, you can't prove it. Store sold it to me at there cost. Hopefully he makes it. Even he isn't a white tail I got frag tanks he go in, felt bad for the poor guy.

OP
OP
J

JJKK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure... here you go.
20200815_101243.jpg

Just kidding. I traded the mislabeled whitetail bristletooth for corals. I got a new one that was about 1/2" bigger that have all the right coloring as a whitetail from TSM aquatics, along with a very small purple tang. Both went in the tank at the same time.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back