KALK USERS HELP

2una

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd get a 2nd kit opinion on the Po4 cos what Myka said about the kalk binding the Po4 earlier would fit more for the sign where you stop Kalk & see improvement yeah?

OP
OP
arman

arman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im changing the parameters and i need a liitle more time and i will share the information.I think one of the problems is the high ph problem.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im changing the parameters and i need a liitle more time and i will share the information.I think one of the problems is the high ph problem.

A skimmer certainly helps keep the pH down when using limewater, but you aren't using that much and I'd be a bit surprised if elevated pH is an actual problem. It would have to be above 8.6 to be an issue that impacts the tank aside from increased abiotic precipitation of calcium carbonate.

Myka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with Randy regarding the pH. I don't think that's the problem at all. I don't think you're using enough limewater, and I don't think the pH is high enough to cause issue regardless.

I really want to reduce my po4 and nitrate and i can,but every time i tried this the corals started to bleach.

Reduce lighting? Maybe it is too much light for LPS.

Myka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is alot of macro in my ref. Should i rogue them?

If you mean there is a lot of algae in your reef, and should you remove them? Then yes, I think you should add snails and/or hermits to eat the algae. Algae can out-compete the corals for nutrition.

OP
OP
arman

arman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No
If you mean there is a lot of algae in your reef, and should you remove them? Then yes, I think you should add snails and/or hermits to eat the algae. Algae can out-compete the corals for nutrition.
i mean macro algae in my refugium.It was about one year i didnt clean it,so i last night i cleaned it and i reduced the algaes in it to see the impact on nutrients.

OP
OP
arman

arman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it matter if i add vingear to the kalk solution to avoid elevating ph?( To see IF the ph is the problem)

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 28.4%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 70 47.3%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back