Kenya Tree Losing Tissue

noober

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this Kenya Tree in the tank for over a month now its its been completely healthy until recently. These small holes appeared on its trunk and had some white particles in it. We cleaned it off and did a fresh water dip as recommended by our local reef store. The white particles are gone but holes got noticeably larger. Water parameters have been completely fine. Would anyone know what happened to it and how to fix it?
20220807_214521.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I've had this Kenya Tree in the tank for over a month now its its been completely healthy until recently. These small holes appeared on its trunk and had some white particles in it. We cleaned it off and did a fresh water dip as recommended by our local reef store. The white particles are gone but holes got noticeably larger. Water parameters have been completely fine. Would anyone know what happened to it and how to fix it?
20220807_214521.jpg
It’s rotting away. Best bet is to cut clean line above the rot with a razor and replant

OP
OP
noober

noober

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s rotting away. Best bet is to cut clean line above the rot with a razor and replant
This is my first attempt at corals. Do I just cut from where all the rotting has started? How would I replant it? Also, what causes the rotting? Is there anything I would need to do to the water?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This is my first attempt at corals. Do I just cut from where all the rotting has started? How would I replant it? Also, what causes the rotting? Is there anything I would need to do to the water?
Cut right above it and place kenyii in rubble or in a crevice
Assure medium light and moderate water flow and that salinity isn’t elevated

OP
OP
noober

noober

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cut right above it and place kenyii in rubble or in a crevice
Assure medium light and moderate water flow and that salinity isn’t elevated
When you say cut right above, I'll cut right above where the holes have formed? Also, my salinity is at 1.026. Is that alright or do I have to drop it a bit?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
When you say cut right above, I'll cut right above where the holes have formed? Also, my salinity is at 1.026. Is that alright or do I have to drop it a bit?
Mine at 1.025 but should be fine

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back