Lasers 1000+ Inwall Starfire

janvelazquez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a 700 gal system so I will be tagging along for the ride. Best of luck and enjoy your tank.

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too am getting an AGE tank and sump...though not quite that big, lol. Will only be 300 Gallon DT. Will hopefully be delivered next week! Definitely following your progress, thanks for posting your thread here!

janvelazquez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
34.jpg

This is the latest pic of my tank. I just bought a few wavemakers last week to put in it :)

I am finishing up last details to start the cycle as it only has plain water for the moment. I would love to see an equipment list as I am still missing a few pieces. (Skimmer, RODI, Pumps)

I also had a similar custom sump created, will post pics later, looks very similar except for the division in the middle. What's that for?

Regards

Jan

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sketch should show the water direction through the sump. It is designed on a raceway type concept to allow more travel time of water before entering main display. Water drains on one side, goes through skimmer secion, then through liverock raceway, and back around other side to the return. Ozone reactor and carbon reactor will be housed on opposite end between liverock raceways.
34.jpg

This is the latest pic of my tank. I just bought a few wavemakers last week to put in it :)

I am finishing up last details to start the cycle as it only has plain water for the moment. I would love to see an equipment list as I am still missing a few pieces. (Skimmer, RODI, Pumps)

I also had a similar custom sump created, will post pics later, looks very similar except for the division in the middle. What's that for?

Regards

Jan

Attachments

• sumpdesign.jpg
    sumpdesign.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 1,723
Last edited:

card16969

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is something I will have to look into as I was really wanting it to be APEX controlled.

Run one of these Xantech AC1 Controlled AC Outlet XAN-AC1 and for the dc input get any inverter like this that is 10v PSM03A-100-R Phihong | Mouser and strip the wires back and plug the inverter into the plug on the apex and input on the switch. then you set your apex input that you want to use and under $100 you now have a single relayed plug that you can use with your apex. If you have two separate power controls such as hot and cold just double the setup and boom your in business.

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Run one of these Xantech AC1 Controlled AC Outlet XAN-AC1 and for the dc input get any inverter like this that is 10v PSM03A-100-R Phihong | Mouser and strip the wires back and plug the inverter into the plug on the apex and input on the switch. then you set your apex input that you want to use and under $100 you now have a single relayed plug that you can use with your apex. If you have two separate power controls such as hot and cold just double the setup and boom your in business.
AWESOME!! So if the unit is for cooling and heating I will have to double up and have one for each plugged into the APEX?

Last edited:

cordero01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why don't you try A hydrowizard ECM 63 power head, it's a 75W 16000gph (€900) it's laminar flow theres an article in reef builder look it up! I'm going with one in my 10 footer. The US distributor is Oliver Lucanus frow below water, give him a call!

G8trBait16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing Layout and setup, I'm in the process of building a house right now and will have a wall tank like this. Will definitely be following this. Thank you.

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Main Equipment List:
2 Hammerhead Gold Return Pumps
4 Vortec MPW60 and 2 MPW-40
Bubble King 400INT Skimmer
Deltec 1001 Calcium Reactor
Deltec KM500S Kalk Stirrer
Ozotech ozone generator with Reef Octopus Ozone Reactor w/industrial air pump
Nextreef Biopellet Reactor
Nextreef Carbon Reactor
4 400W Metal Halide Spider Reflectors w/ 20000k Radiums
4 AI Hydra 52's
2 AI Hydra 52's over sump
2HHP Aqualogic Chiller/heater
APEX with 2 PM1's,2 PM2's, LSM, WXM,VDM,ALD,AFS,4 EB8's, 3 EB4's, 3 breakout boxes
Topoff yet to be determined but will be supplied by 50 gallon container.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome man and thanks for sharing!

ShinerMaginer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Laser, for not making my 200g in wall build seem over the top for my wife! Can't wait to see water flowing. Where did you come up with the idea for the flush mounted stand? Or is that something common for huge tanks like this? I'll be having a metal stand fabricated for my tank, so wondering if there is any benefit to doing something similar?

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish i could afford to do that, the up keep alone on that tank itself is in the 1000's a month. good luck, nice to have money to burn in this hobby. looking forward to see the end result. If i ever hit lotto look out lol.

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Laser, for not making my 200g in wall build seem over the top for my wife! Can't wait to see water flowing. Where did you come up with the idea for the flush mounted stand? Or is that something common for huge tanks like this? I'll be having a metal stand fabricated for my tank, so wondering if there is any benefit to doing something similar?
I spoke with AGE about the plans and they said I could build the stand like this for flush mount into wall. I could have just as easily removed the entire bottom section but they said they have built several in this manner. I am having a quarter inch thick steel support member fabricated to run along the top of the support wall to eliminate pressure points from the screws. Hopefully this answers your question.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.9%

Back