Lasers 1000+ Inwall Starfire

Ellery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ummmmm Someone has alot of "F U" money.... I wonder what the coldest it gets in that garage and whether or not he's planning on heating it? Living up here in Rochester, NY there's no go way for me to use my garage for anything - way too cold.

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the kind words!!
I spoke with MidCities Aquarium where I purchased the AGE setup and they will be coming out on Saturday to plumb the beast!
Also met earlier in week with contractor who will be trimming the inner wall for front of tank. We will be matching the kitchen woodwork and trim and have 6 cabinet doors on top of tank for front access. There will also be a 6 inch shelf on the bottom of the tank in the kitchen to be able to put down a cold one..I will add a sketch and post ASAP. They will be back Saturday as well for the install.

sesegaL99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd recommend putting the lights on some form of a slide or track so they can be moved from side to side for easy access. The cost would be minimal and money we'll spent when you need to access inside this beast.

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy cow! A day and a half, six pages later and we've just begun. I think I would gain weight with my tank in the Kitchen. That is a great location and so far your build is pretty amazing. Thanks for sharing it on R2R.

janvelazquez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, you also need to start a thread about your tank. It looks great. You only bought a few powerheads? Lol I only bought one WP40 for my 130g. Looks good though. I hope you can show us more about your setup. :bigsmile:

Thanks

There was a group buy so they were cheap. I'm only putting in six of them because aesthetically they don't look so good having too many of them. I also got a few WP25's for the quarantine and frag tank and one WP10 for a Nano cube I'm setting up.

As for the thread.. I dont know if it's ethically correct to post a link to another forum but I have one started.

here's the link: 500G Reef Tank in Puerto Rico - Reef Central Online Communityet me know what you think and thanks for looking.

Regards

Jan

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks

There was a group buy so they were cheap. I'm only putting in six of them because aesthetically they don't look so good having too many of them. I also got a few WP25's for the quarantine and frag tank and one WP10 for a Nano cube I'm setting up.

As for the thread.. I dont know if it's ethically correct to post a link to another forum but I have one started.

here's the link: 500G Reef Tank in Puerto Rico - Reef Central Online Communityet me know what you think and thanks for looking.

Regards

Jan

Can you start a tank thread here on Reef2Reef? A lot of us are banned from that site and can't see it.....

NC2WA

Angelfish Whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG...awesome build and tank size...will be watching...keep posted them pics...we like... :D

ikiwi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inspirational build. Congrats! I am in the process of planning out a similar, albeit slightly smaller (96x30x31 - odd height to give a finished viewing height of 28" ) in wall build. The front of the tank will be flush with our dining room wall, but the tank will back into the garage. We are building a fish room etc behind/around it. Convention would say paint the back and sides of the tank (ie the non display viewing area) so as not to see into the fish room/garage. .......but I'm trying to think creatively about how to perhaps have removable panels, thin acrylic maybe ? That I can remove to see into the tank from the business side when I'm working on it etc.

My question - what are you planning on doing with the non-display sides and back of your in-wall?
Congrats again!

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inspirational build. Congrats! I am in the process of planning out a similar, albeit slightly smaller (96x30x31 - odd height to give a finished viewing height of 28" ) in wall build. The front of the tank will be flush with our dining room wall, but the tank will back into the garage. We are building a fish room etc behind/around it. Convention would say paint the back and sides of the tank (ie the non display viewing area) so as not to see into the fish room/garage. .......but I'm trying to think creatively about how to perhaps have removable panels, thin acrylic maybe ? That I can remove to see into the tank from the business side when I'm working on it etc.

My question - what are you planning on doing with the non-display sides and back of your in-wall?
Congrats again!
The rim of the tank is steel and I plan to just place magnets on the back and hold a background for removal when need to work on tank. I will do the same with sides of tank.

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd recommend putting the lights on some form of a slide or track so they can be moved from side to side for easy access. The cost would be minimal and money we'll spent when you need to access inside this beast.
A sliding rack will allow the light rack to move back off the main tank and allow me to place a plank across the top of tank to lay down and work inside tank when necessary. I will also have a plank that I can stand on. This will be added to stand at a later date..

OP
OP
Laser

Laser

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
plumbing commenced this afternoon much to the delight of the entire family (notice Roxanne the lab trying to hold in the excitement while she protects her surroundings). Here are a few pics of the progress. My 2 return pumps will be Reeflo Dart Golds and will arrive Wednesday. All plumbing will should be completed by this upcoming weekend.

Attachments

• plumbing1.jpg
    plumbing1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,390
  • plumbing2.jpg
    plumbing2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,397
  • plumbingwatchdog.jpg
    plumbingwatchdog.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,387
Last edited:
Back