Life-time GHL ION probe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

What was the life-time of your ION probe?

• 0 months (never worked)

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • 0-1 month

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • 1-2 months

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • 2-3 months

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • 3-4 months

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • 4-5 months

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • +6 months

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

just4kicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also just have my unit sitting collecting dust but since the prob is out of the 6 month warranty I am willing to buy a new one if they become available. If they don’t I may change course entirely and look into Madtertronic.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

As @Matthias Gross said, the solution to the sensor problem was found in 2022, the new sensors work perfectly, they have been tested for a long time. Now there is "just" to wait for the raw material for the series, mainly chemicals.

It is not possible to give any definite information here that could be used against GHL again if things do not go exactly the same way, because there is (still) a dependency on suppliers, and it is not possible to vouch for their delivery reliability.

Just this:

1. GHL is still doing everything it can to be able to offer sensors again as soon as possible.
2. As soon as the material is in hand GHL will provide specific information.
3. We are talking about weeks, not months.
4. If it takes too long and you run out of patience, please contact GHL directly.

Gaël

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello,

As @Matthias Gross said, the solution to the sensor problem was found in 2022, the new sensors work perfectly, they have been tested for a long time. Now there is "just" to wait for the raw material for the series, mainly chemicals.

It is not possible to give any definite information here that could be used against GHL again if things do not go exactly the same way, because there is (still) a dependency on suppliers, and it is not possible to vouch for their delivery reliability.

Just this:

1. GHL is still doing everything it can to be able to offer sensors again as soon as possible.
2. As soon as the material is in hand GHL will provide specific information.
3. We are talking about weeks, not months.
4. If it takes too long and you run out of patience, please contact GHL directly.

Gaël
Agree with @Gaël that everyone should still have options to get full refund, correct? I personally am glad to see people holding out as there needs to be a decent test community for this re-release to know if these probes are really working when they eventually ship. I don’t know how many years this has been in the making now (two?), so I respect those that have this amount of patience (and ability) to leave their financial investment with GHL.

nickm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think that customers who already ordered and received their units with Defective probes should be placed before people looking to purchase new units/people waiting to receive the unit for the first time who -pre-ordered. My ION Director is sitting there collecting dust for months while I wait not only for one of your distributors from Canada (I'm located in the US) and GHL directly to send our purchased/replacement probes.
Would you want to sell your IonD?

Rob3D2018

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. I emailed them and asked for a refund given that I’ve been waiting 2 years and they sent the money back, but like I said before they really don’t have a choice but to refund you. Most banks would take the money back after non-delivery of goods.

I am really regretting my decision to invest in GHL. Poor communication and honestly I don’t think they give a ****. They just ignore me now. I have like 4 broken things I’m under warranty they won’t do anything about.

Get your money back and move on.
This truly sucks and is not what I want to hear. I am also invested in GHL. I kike it a lot better that anything else available out there. Do you know exactly what is the problem they are having? Chip shortage? I see they continue to release other products but I hear nothing about the ION product.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C'est vraiment nul et ce n'est pas ce que je veux entendre. Je suis également investi dans GHL. Je le kike beaucoup mieux que tout ce qui est disponible là-bas. Savez-vous exactement quel est le problème qu'ils ont? Pénurie de jetons ? Je vois qu'ils continuent à sortir d'autres produits mais je n'entends rien sur le produit ION.

Rob3D2018

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is: WE DON'T GET RELIABLE INFORMATION FROM OUR SENSOR VENDOR EITHER!

That's why we are so silent at the moment in regards to IOND (sensor) updates, we made the mistake previously that we announced preliminary information and later it turned out that the vendor was too optimistic.

But we took measures to solve this sensor problem, we will see the results this year. I know, this is not in a few weeks, but very likely within the next 2-3 months. As said, a huge announcement in regards to the IOND sensors is coming.
Today is 24 Feb 2023. About 4 months since you posted the quoted comment above. Can you share if there has been any progress with the probes? Desperately need my IOND unit. Thanks.

Gaël

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today is 24 Feb 2023. About 4 months since you posted the quoted comment above. Can you share if there has been any progress with the probes? Desperately need my IOND unit. Thanks.
My post is dated Feb 11, 2023 and I didn't quote anything, it is based on message posted on German forum dated Feb 6 and internal information.

Gaël

Leezyworld87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I can empathize with you on unreliable vendor dependencies! See that in my job all the time. I know you are busy so greatly appreciate you taking the time to respond.
Yea I also understand the unreliability of the vendor hopefully I’ll be able to purchase one before Christmas THIS year lolbvs

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea I also understand the unreliability of the vendor hopefully I’ll be able to purchase one before Christmas THIS year lolbvs
It stinks and their hands are tied with vendor dependencies. I was also itching bad for this a year and a half ago and had to just move on. You have to consider the maintenance aspect of this too in terms of getting reliable inventory of parts and reference solutions down the road. GHL will not be in control of that unless they in-house their parts later.

Leezyworld87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It stinks and their hands are tied with vendor dependencies. I was also itching bad for this a year and a half ago and had to just move on. You have to consider the maintenance aspect of this too in terms of getting reliable inventory of parts and reference solutions down the road. GHL will not be in control of that unless they in-house their parts later.
I’m with ya bro it definitely sucks and I totally agree they need in-house solutions bad and fast

Leezyworld87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey quick question I’m pretty new to R2R and wanna know what does bump mean I see it being used a lot?

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m with ya bro it definitely sucks and I totally agree they need in-house solutions bad and fast
Nobody is going it "in house" a probe. Manufacturing instruments like that is not trivial and instead a specialty that likely very few manufacturers specialize in. Two completely different economies of scale.

Leezyworld87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nobody is going it "in house" a probe. Manufacturing instruments like that is not trivial and instead a specialty that likely very few manufacturers specialize in. Two completely different economies of scale.
That’s definitely understandable but my point is if the issues are ongoing I think a new approach is needed but I’m too far invested in GHL’s products $3000+ so I really have no choice but to wait until they finally figure it all out because i refuse to take such a loss and switch now lol

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s definitely understandable but my point is if the issues are ongoing I think a new approach is needed but I’m too far invested in GHL’s products $3000+ so I really have no choice but to wait until they finally figure it all out because i refuse to take such a loss and switch now lol
I have $5k invested - within the last 8 weeks.

I think the reality is that they have invested money in R&D and initial product fabrication... Customer good will and revenue (if not return on initial investment) are on the line. So I assume that they are doing everything that they can do to remedy the situation.

I would assume there is no (or at least reasonable) alternative or they would be taking advantage of it.

I can't imagine them hiding their head in the sand and thinking or hoping it will go away.

It would appear that they are in the same boat as you - time and money invested and at the mercy of somebody up stream.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.0%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 27.6%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 76 48.7%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 20 12.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back