Light mounts

M1ke13579

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have light mounts with aluminum bases that are close to the water and figure its probably a good idea to coat them with some sort of plastic or paint are there any recommendations ive seen things about krylon fusion is this a good option or should i use something else just want to be safe about it if anyone has had any experience with the same thing

ReeferHD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
krylon fusion seems to be reef safe, and it wouldn't even go into the water so i think you'll be fine, i painted the hood of my old red sea tank with krylon and no issues so far
krylon fusion has been reported to be reef safe by many as long as you give it plenty of time to off gas and cure properly. No paint and dunk 24hrs later. I have used it myself.

OP
OP
M

M1ke13579

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
krylon fusion seems to be reef safe, and it wouldn't even go into the water so i think you'll be fine, i painted the hood of my old red sea tank with krylon and no issues so far
Yeah its not submerged but fairly close to the water so it will most likely end up getting splashed a bit I just feel like just having the metal cant be a good idea lol

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back