Lighting size and quantity recommendations for new tank

Olefreebe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new reef tank i am needing lighting for. It will be a mixed reef but in no hurry to cram it full with things so a system that i can add to as it grows would be ideal. The tank is a 48"x24"x12" shallow reef with corner overflow. I am familiar with aquaillumination(ai) and have a nano with a 16hd on it already.
As i am not familiar with a tank this size any mounting or lighting design would be helpful. Thank you for your advice ahead of time.

FernFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new reef tank i am needing lighting for. It will be a mixed reef but in no hurry to cram it full with things so a system that i can add to as it grows would be ideal. The tank is a 48"x24"x12" shallow reef with corner overflow. I am familiar with aquaillumination(ai) and have a nano with a 16hd on it already.
As i am not familiar with a tank this size any mounting or lighting design would be helpful. Thank you for your advice ahead of time.
Get some Noopsyche lights best bang for the buck reef lights

OP
OP
Olefreebe

Olefreebe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3hydra 32’s will grow sps
I definitely like the brand but could i ease into that $1,200 recommendation? Like maybe two or even one to start off with and add to it. I don't plan on packing it with SPS but I would like to have some in the tank eventually. Also as this size tank is new to me any mounting recommendations would be much appreciated.

OP
OP
Olefreebe

Olefreebe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get some Noopsyche lights best bang for the buck reef lights
The price point is definitely appealing but is it a light that would have good control ability and would it become obsolete three to five years later as the tank matures?

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I definitely like the brand but could i ease into that $1,200 recommendation? Like maybe two or even one to start off with and add to it. I don't plan on packing it with SPS but I would like to have some in the tank eventually. Also as this size tank is new to me any mounting recommendations would be much appreciated.
2 would also be fine. 2ftx2ft spread on them

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 80 75.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 10 9.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back